Control limits for varying subgroup sizes

H

Hybrid02

I'm trying to create a control chart. I have 4 sample groups with different numbers of parts in each group. When trying to construct a control chart and picking the right constant I need "n" the problem is, is that n is different for each sub group. Can I not construct the control chart using this forumula if each subgroup has a different number of parts?

DaRe DaVil

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Steve Prevette

Deming Disciple
Staff member
Super Moderator
Re: Reliability of a System - Estimation of R(t) having constant failure rate "Lambda

What are you trying to accomplish? Is this a test of the difference between the four groups (better done by test of hypothesis / ANOVA) or do you have a time sequence going on and you want to analyze the time trend in failures (SPC)?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Apply control limits to a non-normal distribution Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 13
G I-Chart and X bar Chart Control limits Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
V Correlating Maximum 'Range' of Values for a given "RSD" (Control Limits) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
T What to do if parameters are found to be Outside of Control Limits Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
K Historical Data to establish Control Limits Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
B Cleanroom Control Limits: Cumulative or individual? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 11
D Calculating Lower and Upper 3 Sigma Control Limits Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
K Advice on Calculating Control Chart Control Limits Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 13
K Determining Control Limits from a desired Cpk Using Minitab Software 19
P Critical Limits for Air Blower as CCP (Critical Control Point) Food Safety - ISO 22000, HACCP (21 CFR 120) 6
I Shewhart Constants vs Central Limit Theorem in calculating Control Limits Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 18
S Is a Stable Process (within Control Limits) required for Calculating Pp, Ppk? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 6
D Are Four Sigma Control Limits based on Shewhart's work Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
K How to Calculate UCL (Upper Control Limits) and LCL (Lower Control Limits) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 18
T Conducting the "are all points within the control limits" test when there is no LCL? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
D One-Two-Three Sigma Control Limits - Calculating Control Limits for X-bar Charts Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
B Precision Machining and Compressed Control Limits Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 13
S Calculation of Upper and Lower Control Limits for Control Chart? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 7
C Cleanroom Class 8 (100,000) Particulate Control and Warning Limits Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
M Control Limits for Wildly Out of Control Processes Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 14
S Computing Control Limits in Minitab Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
S Setting Control Limits for Particle Counts Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 9
B If I know x-bar, spec limits, and Cpk, can I calculate the control limits? Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 16
A Finding Control Limits for a Non-Normal Distribution Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
P Help on Treatment of Points Outside of Control Limits Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
W Estimated Sigma and Control Limits Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
N Variable Control Limits Calculation - P Chart Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 8
J Moving Range Upper and Lower Control Limits when alpha=0.002 Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
K Calculating Control Limits in Average and Range Charts Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 3
J Choice of Control Limits - Customer wants to control at 4.5 sigma Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 23
G Adjusted Control Limits - Usage of Control Charts Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 26
J Control limits for one sided control charts using WECO rules Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
V Subsets vs. Subgroups - Calculating the control limits of a process Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
sathis Calculating 1 sigma and 2 Sigma limits in Control Charts Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
P Help on p-chart - Computing new control limits and chart suitability Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 4
M Control Charts - Points TOUCHING Limits = Stable? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 12
CycleMike Setting Process Control Limits - Is this process out of control? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 38
J Calculating Control Limits for nonconformities - 1000 accounting transactions per day Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
B Calculation for extending control limits Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 7
M Interpreting my R+R chart - NDC's and Out of Control Limits Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
W How to justify Widened Control Limits - No Assignable Cause scenario Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 26
A Control Chart and Limits For Large Sample Size Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
A Tight Control Limits - Tape & Reel Process, the process of packaging ICs Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 27
Marc When to Recalculate Control Limits? SPC Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 14
S To take into account the tool wear during calculating control limits Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
C SPC: How to set up control limits on SPC chart based on historical data? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 7
A Formula for I Control Chart Limits - Different values for E2 constant of IMR? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
E Formulas and Constants - Control Limits for Individual and Moving Range Control Chart Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
A Cpk = 1.33 if control limits are +/- 3 sigma - True? Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 17
D Why the tight control limits? Histogram of the data is slightly skewed to the left Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 17