Control Plans - Types and Differences - Prototype, Prelaunch and Production

J

jinzhoujun

the difference among three kind of control plan

who can tell me the difference among three kind of control plan,give three example.by the way I am from P.R. China,excuse my poor English

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
jinzhoujun said:
who can tell me the difference among three kind of control plan,give three example.by the way I am from P.R. China,excuse my poor English

Hi jinzhoujun -

Do you mean: Prototype, Prelaunch and Production Control Plans?
These are explained in the QS9000 APQP reference manual "Advanced Product Quality Planning and Control Plan".

Attachments

• CONTROL PLAN.doc
    55.5 KB · Views: 4,307

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
You could also click on the APQP button below the "Access to Post Attachments" block at the top of your screen. See slide 17 for a quick picture.

Marc - Nice little addition! Thanks for sharing!

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
In the most simplistic manner:
Prototype- you need to measure the dimensions and some functions. Part control
Pr launch- Control of the process from materiral receipt to delivery with increased samples or frequency of inspection to ensure that the process is stable.
Production - after the production is stable you can reduce the sample size or/and frequency.

This is the difference in a nutshell.

W

wchuey

Hi...

I am not sure as to which QPlan (prelaunch or production) to use at the different phases of the APQP process and I hope someone can help to answer my queries.

Per my understanding, the prelaunch QPlan is very similar to the production Qplan except that it has additional controls (e.g. visual inspection).

When does the production QPlan kick in? After PPAP approval? Or after PPAP approval and when the production has stabilized? Do we submit the prelaunch or production Qplan in the PPAP package?

Regards
CH

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Hi...

I am not sure as to which QPlan (prelaunch or production) to use at the different phases of the APQP process and I hope someone can help to answer my queries.

Per my understanding, the prelaunch QPlan is very similar to the production Qplan except that it has additional controls (e.g. visual inspection).

When does the production QPlan kick in? After PPAP approval? Or after PPAP approval and when the production has stabilized? Do we submit the prelaunch or production Qplan in the PPAP package?

Regards
CH

Welcome to the Cove, CH :D

You ask an interesting question, and the ultimate answer will depend on your customers' preferences. In general though, the PPAP production run should be done with the production control plan, because that run is usually regarded as the "launch" point. Some customers, such as GM, might have special requirements for early production, and require a special control plan until their criteria have been met. GM has a procedure called GP-12 which covers "early production containment" which requires special controls and a GP-12 control plan.

Crusader

Trusted Information Resource
I cannot find GP-12. Does it still exist? The gmsupplypower website does not have it anymore from what I can see.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
I cannot find GP-12. Does it still exist? The gmsupplypower website does not have it anymore from what I can see.

Hello Crusader,

This is what I found. I could not verify if it is indeed the latest version.
I'm sure that the GM Suppliers here at The Cove can check.
Did my best.....

P.S. GP-12 is still mentioned in the latest GM CSR's. www.iaob.org

Stijloor.

P.S. Correction! Howard has the latest version attached.
See next post. Thank you Howard!

Attachments

• GP-12.pdf
    12.2 KB · Views: 1,186
Last edited:

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
It is still there
Document Title: GP12 - Early Production Containment Procedure (GM-1920)
Folder Path: Quality Power - Procedures & Forms

GP-12 is to be used for all pre-production and production requirements that require the Production Approval Process (PPAP) and whenever mandated by GM on any parts that present significant risk to a customer plant. GP-12 should not be used for discrepant material received at the customer's plant: this should be addressed using the Controlled Shipping Procedure.
The latest version is Nov 2006

Attachments

• GP12 _GM 1920_ November_2006_434_16112006152920.pdf
    36.1 KB · Views: 675
Top Bottom