CQC (China Quality Certification) did not issue an Audit Report

N

nickyboy

Has anyone had any experience of CQC?

I have been auditing a Chinese company and have reviewed their last audit carried out by CQC, no audit report was ever issued - just a stamped certificate stating their re-certification to ISO9001.

Our audit reports are always about 4 pages - just detailing the audit findings confoming or not.

AndyN

Moved On
Nickyboy:

A quick look at their website doesn't show (to me at least) any information about accreditation to ISO 17021 or membership of the IAF, for example. There's a 'blank' link to a page about mutual recognition, which I would hope might be something.

My guess is they don't comply in any globally recognized manner and so, can do what they please with regard to audit reports etc.

Last edited:

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Nickyboy:

A quick look at their website doesn't show (to me at least) any information about accreditation to ISO 17021 or membership of the IAF, for example. There's a 'blank' link to a page about mutual recognition, which I would hope might be something link this.

My guess is they don't comply in any globally recognized manner and so, can do what they please with regard to audit reports etc.

Andy,

They seem to have some relationship with TÜV SÜD.
They also mention IQnet. Here is a list of IQnet partners.

Stijloor.

AndyN

Moved On
Andy,

They seem to have some relationship with TÜV SÜD.
They also mention IQnet. Here is a list of IQnet partners.

Stijloor.

Thanks for that Jan. It's a long list of (many) reputable organizations. I was thinking that much of this was to cover the testing/inspection side, rather than being the same as a mutual recognition of accreditation, under the IAF - which would affect the audit process to ISO/IEC 17021. I didn't see anything that would indicate QMS accreditation, but I may be wrong, of course.....

T

Ted Schmitt

According to ISO 17021 :

9.2.4.2 As a minimum these documented procedures shall ensure that a written audit report is promptly
provided to the audited organization, including audit findings and conclusions, positive and negative, on
fulfilment, including effectiveness, of the management system (in particular, referencing the effectiveness of
the internal audit process and achievement of policy commitments) with all requirements of the standard,
including identifying any nonconformities.

P

prototyper

A search on CNAS (China National Accreditation Service) lists CQC as accredited certification body number 1. CNAS are an IAF Accreditation Body Member.

See the attached link and click on Directory of accredited certification bodies http://eng.cnas.org.cn/col712/index.htm1?colid=712

I don't know if this is the same organisation, but the OP could confirm the address.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Thanks for that Jan. It's a long list of (many) reputable organizations. I was thinking that much of this was to cover the testing/inspection side, rather than being the same as a mutual recognition of accreditation, under the IAF - which would affect the audit process to ISO/IEC 17021. I didn't see anything that would indicate QMS accreditation, but I may be wrong, of course.....

Andy,

Yes, you raise excellent points. I just searched a bit and found some connections. It would be interesting to explore what their (international) recognized status is. With your experience in the Registrar/Certification Body arena, I trust that would not be too difficult. Do you have access to such information?

Stijloor.

Randy

Super Moderator
Our audit reports are always about 4 pages - just detailing the audit findings confoming or not.

4 pages?:jawdrop:

I would get dragged thru cactus nekkid if I only did a 4 page report!

And besides, our admin stuff alone takes up more than 4 pages in our reports

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
According to ISO 17021:2006, audit reports should comprise the information, as suggested in ISO 19011, which includes:
The audit report should provide a complete, accurate, concise and clear record of the audit, and should include or refer to the following:
a) the audit objectives;
b) the audit scope, particularly identification of the organizational and functional units or processes audited and the time period covered;
c) identification of the audit client;
d) identification of audit team leader and members;
e) the dates and places where the on-site audit activities were conducted;
f) the audit criteria;
g) the audit findings;
h) the audit conclusions.

The audit report may also include or refer to the following, as appropriate:
i) the audit plan;
j) a list of auditee representatives;
k) a summary of the audit process, including the uncertainty and/or any obstacles encountered that could decrease the reliability of the audit conclusions;
l) confirmation that the audit objectives have been accomplished within the audit scope in accordance with the audit plan;
m) any areas not covered, although within the audit scope;
n) any unresolved diverging opinions between the audit team and the auditee;
o) recommendations for improvement, if specified in the audit objectives;
p) agreed follow-up action plans, if any;
q) a statement of the confidential nature of the contents;
r) the distribution list for the audit report.

Top Bottom