Daimler Chrysler Invests In Powerway to Enhance Supply Chain Management

B

BWoods

Thought many readers would find this "interesting." I guess determining if it is a good or bad thing depends on how you feel about Powerway.

I have edited this news release down to make smaller. You can get the entire release on referenced website.

DaimlerChrysler Corporation Invests in Powerway, Inc. to Enhance Supply
Chain Management
Auburn Hills, MI - DaimlerChrysler Corporation announced today it is taking
an equity stake in Powerway, Inc., an Indianapolis-based software company
specializing in web-enabled quality planning software technology. The
alliance marks DaimlerChrysler's continuing commitment to improve and
enhance its business-to-business supply chain management strategy, which
includes consistently seeking new opportunities.

To read this exciting news in its entirety, visit our web site.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
This 'announcement' is about 4 years old, but can anyone give an up-date on what the scoop is with Chrysler and Powerway?

T

triner

Trolling thru old threads looking for info on software to link FMEA's and Control Plans when I found this one. Here is an update (as of Jul 25, 2006):

DaimlerChrysler is in the midst of converting to the latest version of Powerway and its horrible. My PreProduction Quality Engineer and General Quality Supervisor are getting daily email updates on new bugs that have been found and status of old bugs.

We can't upload any layer process audit info and we have a few new jobs we are starting up and the deadlines in the system are all 5 years old and can't be changed.

The conversion was already delayed several months and now we know why.:nopity:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Unfortunately, not surprising. But I've never been a Powerway fan.

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
Marc said:

hm.

kind of makes we wonder how a former company of mine is doing with it. I rolled out a 5 plant implementation of their SPC software in '99.
Just the SPC program though, we didn't use their document control software.
I stil have my Powerway mug form the training I went to in Indianapolis.

Crusader

Trusted Information Resource
Marc said:

Me either. We tried Powerway and it was just not flexible enough. Didn't care much for the format. We spent approximately $5k and then tossed it after 1 year of struggling with it. This was back in 1998 though.

T

triner

We do not use Powerway internally. Our only interaction with it is through DaimlerChrsyler through the internet. Thank goodness. If it wasn't mandated :whip: by DC, I wonder if anybody would use it?

B

Baldrick

My old employer supplied Daimler Chrysler with steel (in Europe) and I've never heard of Powerway. But based on what I've read above, it looks like the Big 3 are still focused on rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic... :nope:

Top Bottom