Decreasing our Ppm! Important and effective point to decrease ppm level

A

abak

Have you any idea to plan what could be the one and importand and effective point to decrease ppm level for next year (Action for near future)?
One point but helpful... :rolleyes:

Thanks in advance

S

s-bell

In order to reduce ppm levels, the simple answer is to improve the quality of the product leaving your plant.

The most effective way of improving quality levels depends on the product you manufacture and the defects you have.

This is wide open to debate but I would tend to look at following a problem solving and corrective / preventative action method. Make sure that you can recreate the rootcause then verify that your preventative / corrective action cannot allow the defect to reoccur.

Good Luck

A

abak

YES... It's true but there is one problem: sometimes on production line there are random causes that make some defective parts in residual quantity and operators overlook ths quantity. It is not able to find them in box whre is for example 15 000 pcs and defective is 5 pcs - and claim from our customer for these 5 pcs. What about that?
Some trainning...? We still train operators, may be there is the other method of taking out the failure?

;)

J

Jonell

Perhaps you could consider some type of mechanical inspection. We have run into similar problems where I work, and have installed things like vision systems, which has reduced our PPM levels down to just about 0. Of course, it depends upon the type of product your producing and the process used to produce it.

Jonell

C

cncmarine

one sure way of reducing PPM is moving your company to the USA

then some "money bags" will move your product to china or eastern europe and the PPM decreases.

A

abak

Jonell said:
Perhaps you could consider some type of mechanical inspection. We have run into similar problems where I work, and have installed things like vision systems, which has reduced our PPM levels down to just about 0. Of course, it depends upon the type of product your producing and the process used to produce it.

Jonell

Thank You Jonell,
We are producing plastic parts so there are a lot of some causes even the process is stabilized. Of course if the mmachne is th ebest, the mould is the best and nothing happen in this environmental - ALL IS CONFORM! But in this case the smart has to overcome the technical status. We are going to improvement our technical side but only step by step.
Maybe some method of rising the consciousness? What do You think? Any effective methods?
HAHA, This i sno way to move the production to USA - I would like to discrease ppm level not rise... :lol:

;)

C

Craig H.

Aleksandra:

Am I correct in thinking that your operators know when "bad" parts are made, but just let them pass? (One of your earlier statements seems to hint at this). If so, why not see if your customer will give you (or sell you) the rest of the assembly that the part goes into? Then, you will have something to show your operators what a bad part not only looks like, but also what the bad part does to the look/function of the end product. If Operators can catch bad parts, but don't, maybe they don't understand why it is important to do so.

Also, if your company pays operators by the piece produced (called piecework in the USA) it almost guarantees problems like this.

Hope this helps.

A

abak

Dear Craig,
You are in the right. Some thinking of operators on the station would help in this action:
1) technical innovation is the first
2) trainning to continuous improvement is the second.

How can I should train, how often and what method that it may help them to better understand? Maybe some visualization on production line?
They have to trust me and also be sincere in relation to me.
How can I obtain this status. I think it is very hard. :bonk: But I don't want to discipline them by money, I don't like this kind of approach. People are ambitious and there is need to getting out their mind.

:thanx:

C

Craig H.

Aleksandra:

Again, show them how their work impacts what your customer is trying to do. I believe that workers really want to do a good job, but in their mind doing something just because the boss says so is often not a good enough reason. However, when they see in very real terms that what they do has an effect, for good or ill, on the customer and the final product, the motivation should be there.

Center your training on what each worker does for the customer. Make the customer speak to your workers, through you. After all, serving your customers is how you stay in business, right? Be the customers' messenger!!

Added: As far as technical innovation goes, why not ask the operators if they have any ideas how to improve their process? I bet they do. Also, don't ask just once, but every once in a while, because the fact that you are asking might get them thinking about it more often. Then, be very careful how you handle their suggestions. Give credit to them for their ideas, and don't dismiss any as "dumb". They know their process better than anyone, even the engineer that designed it.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jonell

aleksandra said:
Dear Craig,
You are in the right. Some thinking of operators on the station would help in this action:
1) technical innovation is the first
2) trainning to continuous improvement is the second.

Aleksandra,

If it were me, I think that I would reverse these 2 items. Training to me would be top priority, as the technicial improvements might take some time to put in place. Craig makes an excellent :applause: recommendation. Getting the assembly parts from your customer will help in showing the operators what is important to the customer and why. We have even went so far as to take our operators on field trips to the customer shops, so that our operators can see first hand what is done to the parts. It really has helped them.
Another recommendation would be to form a team to investigate the problems that you're having, and definitely have the operators included in that team. There may be work environment problems that you're not aware of that keep them from producing good parts, like perhaps poor lighting. That will help them to respect you, because by including them on the team, you are showing that you respect them as well.

Jonell

Top Bottom