Document Control Person - Setting KPIs, Development Plan, and Career Path

R

Rabab

Hi All,
I was asked to set the KPIs , development plan , and career path for the document control guy in the quality department which is I can't think of anything to present because he is just helping me archiving the records and keep tracking their revision so what could be his KPIs , development plan , and career path and what else I can ask him to support in.

Your help is highly appreciated as usual :thanx:

mdurivage

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: Document Control

Document control people are usually pretty detail oriented. Do not have a good suggestion for his KPI's but for career development I would suggest possibly utilizing this person to conduct internal audits. Another opportunity would be preparing quality metrics and/or management review materilas.

R

Rabab

Hello any input would be great , I'm having a meeting tomorrow morning and no input in my hand :(

mdurivage

Quite Involved in Discussions
One KPI could be time to archive a file against some standard (for example files should be reviewed for content and GDP within 3 business days)

Another could be all documents be reviewed to ensure the correct version is in use with no discrepancies.

Set a goal of one ASQ certification within the next year

AndyN

Moved On
Hi All,
I was asked to set the KPIs , development plan , and career path for the document control guy in the quality department which is I can't think of anything to present because he is just helping me archiving the records and keep tracking their revision so what could be his KPIs , development plan , and career path and what else I can ask him to support in.

Your help is highly appreciated as usual :thanx:

Don't bother, unless you really have to. Accuracy of filing might be a place to start. I'm not sure this is a career path kinda thing, is it? You might take a look at what competencies he's required to have and draw up a plan from that. Ask him what might enrich the job. Does he need some Microsoft skills or similar to do the job or do it better?

R

Rabab

thanks guys for your reply , he is now 6 years experience as a document controller and feels no career path exist in that job and no development plan for him , I sort of seeing that too but I promised I will search for that to make it more rich job but till now the only skills he should have is MS and ISO knowledge , being organized and scope of work is tracking document version and received certificate I think he done that for the past 6 years and he is going to continue like that and nothing will change

AJPClifford

Registered
Not sure what industry you are in. Can this position be used to train into Quality control functions? How about document review expansion, e.g. product quality review (Aka annual product review) He can review Batch records, logbooks, etc... The key would not only to know how to file the documents but understand their purpose and function. I like the idea of contributing to the internal audit program also.

Top Bottom