Documents for production process

Blaz123

Involved In Discussions
Hello together,

is there any point in IATF 16949 where is described, which documents are required for production process? Is this 8.3.5.2 Manufacturing process design output?

To understand my situation, I would like to make a form for process handover from design to production and there I would like to specify which documents
are needed before production release.

Many thanks in advance!

AMIT BALLAL

Super Moderator
8.3.5.2 clause is correct if you are not product design responsible. If you are, 8.3.5.1 would also be applicable.
Additionally, you can consider your organizational and customer requirements for the documents required.

Blaz123

Involved In Discussions
Hello Amit,

Many thanks for your quick response. So if I understand this correctly, all documents listed in 8.3.5.2 should be made and available
to production staff, is this correct?

In 8.3.5.2 there is written:

e) manufacturing process flow charts/layout, including linkage of product, process and tooling

What is meant by layout? Is this the same as manufacturing layout (position of precise machine, scrap boxes, position of worker, position of control equipment for precise parts, position of finished parts on precise machine....)?

Many thanks for feedback.

AMIT BALLAL

Super Moderator
Many thanks for your quick response. So if I understand this correctly, all documents listed in 8.3.5.2 should be made and available
to production staff, is this correct?
Yes, all the documents mentioned in 8.3.5.2 should generally be provided.

What is meant by layout? Is this the same as manufacturing layout (position of precise machine, scrap boxes, position of worker, position of control equipment for precise parts, position of finished parts on precise machine....)?

Yes, layout can be a line layout as you mentioned.

Blaz123

Involved In Discussions
Just to be sure....

e) manufacturing process flow charts/layout, including linkage of product, process and tooling

So in this case, do we need to have either flowchart or layout or flowchart and layout?

Many thanks

AMIT BALLAL

Super Moderator
Flow chart is enough. However it will depend upon your organisation whether to additionally include a line layout.

Sebastian

Trusted Information Resource
So if I understand this correctly, all documents listed in 8.3.5.2 should be made and available to production staff, is this correct?

Line operators? No.
For them only j), covering k) and maybe h) if Total Productive Maintenance is in place.

Blaz123

Involved In Discussions
Hello Sebastian,

from your post I understand, that for line operators only working instruction should be available, what is clear to me.

Just to understand my question, I would like to do some form for hand over project from design to production and in this form I must list all documentation, which should be done before project hand over to production process.

Sebastian

Trusted Information Resource
Very good idea Blaz.
8.3.5.2 is one option.
Other one is focusing on items, which are related to nonconformities raised during manufacturing process audits or problems with management due to poor process performance.
These are:
a) setup instruction
b) rework instruction
c) instruction for activities during and after planned / unplanned production shutdown (introduced new machine)
d) instruction for emergency environmental situations (introduced new process, machine affecting environmental aspects)
e) tooling with identified ownership
f) pre-launch capacity analysis results
g) pre-launch defect ratio analysis results

Top Bottom