Does your registrar have Specific Requirements outside those of the standard?

Does your registrar have any requirements outside those of the standard?

• Yes

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
If so, which registrar and what is / are the 'extra' requirements?

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource
Each of the registrars I have worked with have had some requirements above the standard. Most of them deal with administrative type issues, nothing "big" but sometimes annoying. One required that we keep a documented list of how each of our records was filed (date - filed newest to oldest or oldest to newest, customer - alphanumeric or by customer number) this was kind of a pain...most of the time it is immediately apparent how things are filed when you open the draw, but oh well, we knew the answers and it took so little time and resources that it wasn't worth fighting over.

B

Bob_M

Minor Issue

Registrar requires us to have a 2nd or deputy Management Rep assigned within our company. No big deal. Doesn't mean much unless I'm out sick during a surviellance audit. I have not found any other "special" requirments yet...

R

RosieA

Registrar #1: Required by contract a stockist checklist. What was not in the contract was the requirement to have the quality policy memorized. Also, we wanted to have a deputy management rep and they said no. Oddly, registrar #2 required a deputy management rep.

Registrar #2: contracturally required a deputy mgmt rep. no other issues. Auditor said he'd be fired if he required us to memorize the quality policy.

Registrar # 3: Nothing outside the standard

Registrar #4: nothing in the contract, but I've discovered the signed mgmt review minutes issue, and there may be more...I've only just started looking.

Randy

Super Moderator
RosieA said:
Registrar #1: Required by contract a stockist checklist. What was not in the contract was the requirement to have the quality policy memorized.

Anybody that requires people to memorize the QP is a boob (nothing to do with body parts).

Deputy mgmt rep....just a good common sense practice anyway

Signed mgmnt review minutes....I ain't gonna go back down this trail, that's in another thread, but I figured as much.

S

Sam

Our registrar required a 3 page "custome rrequiremnts profile" tied to each clause of TS2. Also required a spreadsheet identifying COP's, inputs, outputs, measures, process owners, procedures and work instructions.
Note: COP's are not required by TS2.

E

energy

Just desserts

RosieA said:
Registrar #1: Required by contract a stockist checklist. What was not in the contract was the requirement to have the quality policy memorized. Also, we wanted to have a deputy management rep and they said no. Oddly, registrar #2 required a deputy management rep.

Registrar #2: contracturally required a deputy mgmt rep. no other issues. Auditor said he'd be fired if he required us to memorize the quality policy.

Registrar # 3: Nothing outside the standard

Registrar #4: nothing in the contract, but I've discovered the signed mgmt review minutes issue, and there may be more...I've only just started looking.

And registrar #5 may want his/her own office with a lockable door, a telephone and, of course, a window. Preferrably yours.That's where the problem is. If the MR/QA Mgr did their Registrar interview correctly, they would sniff out these overbearing pompous bottom feeders at the very beginning. You get what you deserve because you didn't do your homework. If you inherited the mess, my condolences. Somebody dropped the ball. I interviewed three potential Registrars and two of them didn't have a chance. I got tired of staring up into those arrogant nostrils and they were cordially sent on their way. The one selected was extremely candid and very likable. When I posted this some time ago, I was told that I should be on the lookout for Charlatans in the industry. Why? Because, in some minds, no Registrar worth their salt should be likable. I say, If you expect crap, you will get it. If you take crap, you will get more of it! JMHO. :smokin:

A

Aaron Lupo

Our former Registrar/Notified body had a special requirment that they did not convey. When we left them they were holding one of our customers cert. hostage becuase we went with an American Registrar and they siad that the EU Notified bodies have an unwritten agreement that in order for our cert to be valid it had to be done by someone in their little circle, so being that we didnt want to lose our largest customer we had to do what they said. Ohh those German Registrars! :mad:

A

Aaron Lupo

RosieA said:
Registrar #1: Required by contract a stockist checklist. What was not in the contract was the requirement to have the quality policy memorized.

Was it the Registrar that required the QP to be memorized or the auditor there is a big difference. I have never heard anyone requiring the QP be memorized. I do audits for two Registrars and only ask the people to explain it to me in their own words, what it means to them and how they help support it in their function. Having a second/backup mgmt rep is pretty common most functions in a company do have backups!

No additional comments on Registrar#4, I think the point has been made in another thread. :truce:

Top Bottom