Drawing a Normal Plot of the Effects for Multilevel Factorial Design

R

rukiye

Hello all,

I wanna ask that how to draw standardized normal plot of the effects for multilevel factorial design in minitab.
I can graph it for 2-level factorial design but I couldn't for 3 or more level factorial design :confused:
If you can help me, ı will be very pleasure !

B

Barbara B

The normal (or half-normal) plot for standardized effects is only applicable for 2^k-designs, not for general factorial designs. In the latter instead of standardized effects so called "normalized effects" should be used to select vital terms (main effects, interactions).

A more detailed explanation for this is provided in the statease-forum:
http://statease.biz/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=308
(formulas are given in the attached pdf in Wayne's answer).

At this point Minitab do only provide normal- or half-normal-plots for 2-level factorial designs, so you have to calculate the normalized effects by hand for the general full factorial (or use the 45-days-trial version of DesignExpert which provides half-normal-plot with normalized effects in a general factorial design).

Regards,

Barbara

A

Allattar

Basically the effects plots, normal, half normal, pareto, are plotted based on using the t-statistics.

The t-statistics are found from the coefficients of the regression model. With a general full factorial the factor levels are considered categorical. Means of levels are found rather than fitting a regression model. Hence no coefficients are found. No coefficients, no t-statistics, no standardised effects plots.

Top Bottom