Formula for Calculating NoGo Major Diameter for UN gages

SMcNearney

Registered
I have been looking in ASME B1.2 and B1.1 looking for a basic formula to give me nominal values for Major Diameters on the NoGos, but I have been unsuccessful. I know how to calculate it for metric, but not standard. Does anyone know where it is in these documents, or better yet, what the formula is here?

W. Whitmore

Registered
I have been looking in ASME B1.2 and B1.1 looking for a basic formula to give me nominal values for Major Diameters on the NoGos, but I have been unsuccessful. I know how to calculate it for metric, but not standard. Does anyone know where it is in these documents, or better yet, what the formula is here?
Calculating the specification to thread dimensions is not required as they are all listed in the thread specification tables. The H-28 is the manual is very old but but the sizes haven to chnaged. It is very likely that you can find standard thread specifications in a machinery handbook, but not likely those for gages. H-28 can be downloaded for free.

SMcNearney

Registered
Calculating the specification to thread dimensions is not required as they are all listed in the thread specification tables. The H-28 is the manual is very old but but the sizes haven to chnaged. It is very likely that you can find standard thread specifications in a machinery handbook, but not likely those for gages. H-28 can be downloaded for free.
I am very familiar with Fed. STD H-28, however some customers do indeed have sizes not listed in either ASME B.2. Standards. I believe i did end up finding a formula since my last post and updated my excel template i created for the calibration of these plugs. I would have to open it up to see, if you're interested. Thank you for responding!

W. Whitmore

Registered
I should have noted earlier just to buy the AS8879 from SAE, $83. Just make sure you buy the most current one, they will sell you old stuff.

W. Whitmore

Registered
I am very familiar with Fed. STD H-28, however some customers do indeed have sizes not listed in either ASME B.2. Standards. I believe i did end up finding a formula since my last post and updated my excel template i created for the calibration of these plugs. I would have to open it up to see, if you're interested. Thank you for responding!
I wrote a program to calculate the thread gage sizes back in 1988 for an HP41cv. I still have that calculator but I doubt if it has that program in its memory. Never tried to write something that complicated in excel.

Top Bottom