Gage R&R Process Method - Pass/Fail Criteria Offered to Operators vs. Parametric Data

Hami812

Engineering Program Mg
I have an unusual situation I need some guidance on. Our customer and our vendor (an OEM Mfg) want to do a Gage RR between Reverse Logistics vendors where several are performing screen and clean activity for a high tech service provider. In addition, this customer also wants to do a comparison of repair process for the last Reverse Logistic vendor in the sequence who also happens to do repair for thsi customer. The test consist of 200 Electronics lets call it black boxes that will be shipped to RL vendor A, then A will ship to B vendor, then B to C where C does repair and RL functions on the black boxes. GR&R will be done to compare RLs as well as the last RL C compared to its own repair process (its even in the same building!). These 200 black boxes will be tested 3 times, on 3 different test beds at each RL location. Failed units will after C RL is finished will goto repair and the same thing done on the known failed black boxes. This customer wants ot compare the RL process to the Repair process. SInce the repair process is more robust at various levels of testing. How is such a comparison done between RL which is a screen and clean process, and one that does repair? Which GR&R process should be used if Pass/Fail criteria is offered ot operators, but parametric data is also captured by PCs and presumably what the Upper and Lower data limits will show matches closely to what cusotmer has in their baseline requirements. But how do you compare apples and oranges in Repair versus Screen and Clean. Which test is best to do ths confidence evaluation? What is expecfted confidence comparisons in this area? Using MInitab what Gage R&R should I do to test our success prior to hand-off to customer. In prevous Gage R&R the cusotmer used an Attribute Analysis and 95% was the confidence factor (pass/fail data I believe was used). This customer seems to be targeting vendor C for some reaosn, but none of the other RLs will be measured against repair. SO something seems to be up to me. But i want to assure we can check our data results prior to hand-off. Any thoughts on above questions will be helpful. Due to senstitivity, I cannot divulge product names, or companys of course. SO please bare with me.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Re: Gage R&R Process Method - Pass/Fail Criteria Offered to Operators vs. Parametric

For those of us following alone, but not necessarily knowledgeable in statistical analysis: Parametric Statistics

My Thanks in advance to anyone here who can help with this one.

Hami812

Engineering Program Mg
Re: Gage R&R Process Method - Pass/Fail Criteria Offered to Operators vs. Parametric

Marc, THanks for sharing this link. I appreciate anyone's perspective on this type of issue. THisis a great forum and I have learned so much from reading others problems and expert's answers. Renews my faith!

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin

This is difficult because you are not able to provide much information.

If you can get continuous data for each unit, I would recommend creating a Youden plot (aka Iso-plot) or a Bland-Altman plot between each step in the RL chain. This will identify differences between the RL providers better than a Gauge R&R or Attribute Agreement Analysis.

Hami812

Engineering Program Mg

I always prefer the graphical where possible. But both would be more appropriate. Thanks Barbara.

Top Bottom