Geometric Tolerance Bonus Datum question

Michael_M

Trusted Information Resource
I am now questioning my own sanity and thought I would verify that what I know is true.

We have two holes in-line. One hole (datum -C-) has a tolerance of .3750 +.0008/.0000. The other hole is .5000 +.0010/-.000. The true position between these two holes is ?.000m Cm.

What this means to me is the true position is only the bonus size based on the size of the holes.

For example, the .500 is running .5008 and the .375 is .3755. This means the true position is .0013. Is this correct?

I have added a quick view of the details as an image. Ignore the numbers attached to the print, those are referencing the CMM program, not a bubble print.

Attachments

• Bonus datum tolerances.pdf
    22.6 KB · Views: 148
S

Sean Kelley

What you are referring to is the hole size not the position of it which is in reference to Datum C whatever that is and at maximum material conditions. Cannot tell Datum C as it is not shown on your small piece of the print.

S

Sean Kelley

Yes now I see it is Datum C is the bottom hole on the print. In that case the true position is one hole to the other and you are correct on combining the 2 in for the true position of 0.0013.

Top Bottom