GM sqr- second party audits

John C. Abnet

Teacher, sensei, kennari
Leader
Super Moderator
Good day Elsmar family.
In addition to the silliness that @Sebastian pointed out above back in 2017, here...Second Party Audit - GM IATF 16949 CSR September 2017

...the GM CSR also states...

8.4.2.4.1 Second-party audits
Second-party auditors performing QMS audits must meet the requirements in clause 7.2.4 Second-Party Auditor Compliance in IATF 16949:2016 plus meet these additional requirements:
1. The organization must be IATF 16949:2016 certified and not on suspension

My question is, who is The organization as defined in the CSR above? The organization from which the second party auditor is based?...or , the organization being audited?

What say all of you?

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
My question is, who is The organization as defined in the CSR above?
The GM direct supplier. The document contains a definition:

Organization
Organizations are defined as providers of: a) production materials, b) production, service, and accessory parts, or c) heat treating, plating, painting or other finishing services, directly to General Motors or other customers subscribing to this document. NOTE: See IATF 16949:2016, Section 3, Terms and definitions

John C. Abnet

Teacher, sensei, kennari
Leader
Super Moderator
The GM direct supplier. The document contains a definition:

Organization
Organizations are defined as providers of: a) production materials, b) production, service, and accessory parts, or c) heat treating, plating, painting or other finishing services, directly to General Motors or other customers subscribing to this document. NOTE: See IATF 16949:2016, Section 3, Terms and definitions

Understood @Sidney Vianna . Thank you.
I was being a bit facetious as it seems a bit of an obvious/moot point since GM would not be asking a NON-iatf certified first tier provider to audit its suppliers since a NON-iatf certified organization would not be involved as a GM component provider.

I'm simply trying to make sense of what seems to be a somewhat silly line item statement. Any thoughts?

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Understood @Sidney Vianna . Thank you.
I was being a bit facetious as it seems a bit of an obvious/moot point since GM would not be asking a NON-iatf certified first tier provider to audit its suppliers since a NON-iatf certified organization would not be involved as a GM component provider.

I'm simply trying to make sense of what seems to be a somewhat silly line item statement. Any thoughts?
I think it is quite possible that GM has a number of non-certified suppliers, especially the ones involved with the disrupting Electric Vehicle technology.

Top Bottom