GMDN (Global Medical Device Nomenclature) Codes

C

czenglish

I need GMDN code-33711- for registration prosess in Turkey. I only need the description of 33711 gmdn code.
Hi there, here you go:

Prosthesis, shoulder, semi-constrained, metal/polymer cemented

Synonym for: Prosthesis, internal, joint, shoulder, total

Bye

Note: This post has been reviewed and we believe it is "Fair Use" since it is so brief and it's a "one off' rather than a list or such. - Marc

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor
S

socalm2

Hello, I am looking to see if the old code I have for ophthalmic viscoelastic device is still current. The code I found was 37177 - viscoelastic material, ophthalmic.
Thanks

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Please don't make this thread into a problem by asking for more GMDN codes. They are copyrighted.

S

socalm2

Hello
First, this post was started about finding codes for the Gmdn, if that was such a problem why is it still up. Second, I did not specifically ask for a code, just if someone who has access could see if the code i have is still valid. This post was created because many of us believe that an arbitrary authority has set up a system solely to make money by forcing a set of unecessary codes and monopolizing the information so that the only way to access it is to give thier "non profit organization" money. If this was truly a way to try and help medical devices then freely give the information. We all loose by restricting the flow of information and regulating it to a few people.

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
No big deal. If someone can answer you it's OK.

You have to understand I'm not looking for problems. I posted because there was a complaint about possible copyright violation. It was discussed and it was decided that now and again a code could be given here since there are thousands of codes. However, if we allow people to regularly give codes it could be considered beyond "fair use".

I understand your concern. Please understand my not wanting to get into DMCA copyright legal problems.

S

socalm2

Thanks Marc,
I can understand how this could become a problem, I do not want the forum to be adversly affected by this.

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Staff member
First, this post was started about finding codes for the Gmdn, if that was such a problem why is it still up.
As far as I can see, this thread is mostly about finding legit ways to get GMDN (and similar) codes for free. It also holds some rant about the high GMDN membership costs, with which I sympathize. It is NOT about getting GMDN in any possible way; I'm sure that if that was the case, it was no longer here. The line is very fine and I applaud the moderators for walking it to date in a reasonable way (IMO).

Second, I did not specifically ask for a code, just if someone who has access could see if the code I have is still valid.
Doesn't matter. That was a request to access copyrighted material (information), an access that the owner has decided to collect a fee for. Had they not, one could have asked whether a code is current or not directly and formally from them. A couple of the more recent posts (Steve K et. al.) have discussed exactly this issue.

This post was created because many of us believe that...
There are good and legit ways to protest against wrong and to fix bad systems. breaking rules is not one of them IMO, even if you're convinced that the rules are bad. Definitely when you don't put yourself at risk, but rather this website, that so many have worked for so long to establish, and the large community that benefits from it in legit ways.

Have a great day,
Ronen.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J0anne GMDN (Global Medical Device Nomenclature) in EU and US Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
J0anne GMDN (Global Medical Device Nomenclature) Australia, Japan, Turkey, Brazil Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
P GMDN (Global Medical Device Nomenclature) Codes (searchable database) Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 17
V List of Global Medical Device Nomenclature (GMDN) Codes Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 48
A Global Medical Device Nomenclature (GMDN) Code ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
M NANDO codes of products - These are not the GMDN codes, correct? EU Medical Device Regulations 4
S GMDN Code for Chitosan Products CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
M Is it compulsory to update the obsolete GMDN codes in ARTG? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4
L GMDN code wanted - Software for handling records Service Industry Specific Topics 9
JoshuaFroud How important is using the "correct" GMDN? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
L GMDN code differences, Manufacturer and Sponsor Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
F UMDN vs GMDN - What are the differences? EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M GMDN PT Codes vs. FDA Preferred Term (PT) Codes Other US Medical Device Regulations 6
M GMDN Term Development Timeline? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
N GMDN codes for orthopedic implants Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 2
somashekar Do NB's want the Declaration of Conformity with GMDN code? EU Medical Device Regulations 14
J Where to get GMDN Codes Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 14
S Disposable Loop Electrode - GMDN/or UMDNS code? Imported Legacy Blogs 3
F UMDNS and GMDN Codes - When a Preferred Term has been Retired Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
S Description for GMDN Code wanted Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
B GMDN Codes again - Code for "spinal fixation system" Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 5
G Cost for Generating one Class IIb Medical Device GMDN Code Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 2
SteveK UMDNS and GMDN ? How about UNCCS? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 2
S GMDN Code (Class IIb) for Male Condom Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 4
K Medical Device Nomenclature - GMDN and ISO15225 - When should it be applied? Other Medical Device Related Standards 4
V GMDN Codes for 'High Frequency Radiosurgical systems' ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
B Directory of Largest Global Certification Bodies (Accredited) ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 3
M CE Mark and 510(k) -Global registration requirements for every country Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
Sidney Vianna Informational IAF and ILAC to merge. A Global Accreditation mammoth? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 1
L Global distributor vigilance responsibility Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 14
J Getting training either from ASQ or from SAI Global - ISO 9001 Lead Auditor training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
Ed Panek GTIN (Global Trade Item Number) for non CE Mark Other Medical Device Related Standards 4
M Informational Fourth WHO Global Forum on Medical Devices REPORT Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
S Regulatory Certification Exam (RAC) - Global Scope ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
P Global medical device human factors/usability requirement IEC 62366 - Medical Device Usability Engineering 3
Q SAI Global Status as of July 2018 Registrars and Notified Bodies 2
S Regulatory Affairs Certification Exam (Global) Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 0
Sam Lazzara GS1 introduces Global Model Numbers for Medical Devices Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
T SAI Global - On sale again? (2017) Registrars and Notified Bodies 8
A Global Medical Device Quality Compliance Overview Presentation - Help Wanted Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
Pmarszal FDA Global UDI Database: Record Submission Retention Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
S Compliance to GADSL (Global Automotive Declarable Substance List) RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 4
L Corporate Manual - Global Multi-Site ISO9001:2015 Certification ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
Marc Definition GDSN - Global Data Synchronization Network Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 0
Marc Definition GTIN - Global Trade Item Number Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 0
D Global market registration requirements for IVD's Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 2
B Global / Local Management Review - ISO 9001:2008 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
D Support Group for Global Quality, Regulatory, and Trade Compliance Professionals Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
T OES Global Results Drift Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
Q Global SCAR Software System Recommendations Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2