Good Internal Auditing Training Courses

NikkiQSM

Quite Involved in Discussions
:bigwave:

Hello All -

A couple years ago, I attended a week long seminar in Georgia through SAI Global. It was a "Lead Auditor Training Seminar".

It was all well and good, and I found the seminar to be informative and even entertaining a certain points. We were given a certificate once we passed the exam. (The teacher did not tell anyone the actual grade they received, only if they passed / failed)

I was told a year ago that the course was not benefical and I needed to find a similiar seminar, but this time it should be "Internal Auditing Trainining Seminar".

My GM wants me to attend this training along with 2 other employees.

Should I still with SAI Global, or does anyone else know of a better company / training group?

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

Hello All -

A couple years ago, I attended a week long seminar in Georgia through SAI Global. It was a "Lead Auditor Training Seminar".

It was all well and good, and I found the seminar to be informative and even entertaining a certain points. We were given a certificate once we passed the exam. (The teacher did not tell anyone the actual grade they received, only if they passed / failed)

I was told a year ago that the course was not benefical and I needed to find a similiar seminar, but this time it should be "Internal Auditing Trainining Seminar".

Should I still with SAI Global, or does anyone else know of a better company / training group?

Contact me via PM or email.

Stijloor.

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin

Hello All -

What was the reason for not being beneficial ?

AndyN

Moved On
I was told a year ago that the course was not beneficial and I needed to find a similar seminar, but this time it should be "Internal Auditing Training Seminar".

Clearly, whomever told you this, has little idea what they are speaking about! I used to deliver what became the SAI course, and, I can tell you (with 15 + years of experience of that course) that the 5 day course is just about the same as the internal auditor course (80 of the materials are almost identical)! So, you'd be doing a smaller version of the non-beneficial course!

Randy

Super Moderator
If you've got Lead Auditor training don't waste the time or money for internal, you've got the tools you need already all you need to do is actually use them

Training doesn't make an auditor better, auditing does!

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Training doesn't make an auditor better, auditing does!
I agree in principle, but that requires the auditor to be willing and capable from learning and improving, on a continual basis.

Unfortunately, there are many people that never improve as auditors, despite the fact they perform audits after audits after audits. Repetition, in itself, might not lead necessarily to improvement in performance.

The concept of mentoring and/or tutoring inexperienced auditors should be strongly considered as part of the internal auditor development process.

Randy

Super Moderator
I agree in principle, but that requires the auditor to be willing and capable from learning and improving, on a continual basis.

Unfortunately, there are many people that never improve as auditors, despite the fact they perform audits after audits after audits. Repetition, in itself, might not lead necessarily to improvement in performance.

The concept of mentoring and/or tutoring inexperienced auditors should be strongly considered as part of the internal auditor development process.

Hopefully you'll acknowledge that dog ain't gonna hunt in some 3 day, cookie cutter, vanilla flavored IA course

Top Bottom