Good source for Checking and Evaluating Control Plans needed

D

dbulak

I have been told our control plan is now not good enough. Not detailed enough. I have noticed that there are many sources available to fill out FMEA's. Anyone have a good source for checking and evaluating Control Plans? Thanks again in advance.

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Control Plans

I have been told our control plan is now not good enough. Not detailed enough. I have noticed that there are many sources available to fill out FMEA's. Anyone have a good source for checking and evaluating Control Plans? Thanks again in advance.

Best source I've yet to find is right here at Elsmar if you can post what you have without compromising proprietary information.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Re: Control Plans

If your control plans were satisfactory in the past, but lately someone thinks they're not detailed enough, you'll probably have to work with the unsatisfied customer to find out what's lacking. You might find examples of control plans here that were satisfactory to some customers, but they might not be for yours.

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few

My question would be, if you developed your control plan from your process FMEA? Your process FMEA will tell you what features need to be controlled to minimize the risk.

(of course you can always do more, but that would uneconomical).

Can you elaborate on "not detailed enough with an example?

Your FMEA is the best way to check your control plan and any customer concerns you have received.

Some control plans do not have a lot of detail, because the details are kept in work instructions and process controls / recipes for machines.

G

galcantar

yes, I agree with the different responses basically Control Plan is a tool used to define all the controls you have established to ensure the critical- significant process- product characteristics are being "controlled" all the time--- CUSTOMER SATISFACTION.

You can have a lots of examples but you and your customer needs to tailor it according your needs.

If somehow your customer is telling you your control plan is not effective enough you need to work with him in order to understand their point of view- requirements- results,,,

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom