Help with Process Flow Diagram - Please Review Mine!

D

damanhill

processes

i have attached a diagram of our processes and wondered if it was on the right lines can anyone help me out??? i am getting bogged down with this process stuff and am finding it hard to get my head around.

Attachments

• flow-2.doc
    72 KB · Views: 952

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
I think you're on the right track. A few quick comments based on a quick review FWIW...

One box (regarding cust. supplied material) has no input -- what triggers this action?

Where do you show what methods you use to ensure that the processes are effective -- i.e. measurement or monitoring of the process steps?

Just a couple thoughts. There are many here in the Cove better at this than I who may be able to help more.

Geoff Cotton

Quite Involved in Discussions
Daman,

We started changing our system to process maps about two years ago and went through the pain and fog which no doubt your going through.

Now we have gone through our TS audit my schedule is settling down a little, if you would like to see how we approached the change you are welcome to visit us in the next week or so.

We're on ly a couple of hours up the motorway, give me a call. My number / email is on my user profile.

K

KEVIN MURTHY - 2003

ISO/TS 16949 TURTLE AND OCTOPUS HEADACHES !

Sure enough , the TS evangalists are demanding
TURTLES and OCTUPUSES , can anyone help in
clarifying this.

I promise to post or send you, all and any that comes my way on this.

THANKS AND GOD BLESS...

S

Sam

Kevin, "Turtle" diagrams and "Octopus" diagrams are not a requirement and as such cannot be demanded by your CB.
The only requirement is to IDENTIFY processes. How you do that is your call. Whatever works for you and your company.

D

damanhill

help with process flow diagram

thanks Sam,

i did it without the maps etc and found it much easier, the CB liked it too.

cheers
daman

D

damanhill

teknow,

turtle & octopus diagrams are flow charts, process maps, mind maps etc pictorial ways of showing work practices etc

does that help??

daman

Top Bottom