How to become approved supplier by Sikorsky Helicopter?

V

Victor A

Hi every one. I am Victor A. Can any Body help me to understand step by step, how to get approved by Sikorsky Helicopter to become a supplier for United Technology.I have experience in bonding metal to metal, rubber to metal, Teflon to rubber, Teflon to metal. I also know composite materials. All to Sikorsky Specs. It is time to start my own business.

Last edited by a moderator:

AndyN

Moved On
Re: Getting Started

Victor:
Are you thinking of getting started in your business to be an approved supplier, or simply to know the technical specs so that you can become a business with a product? Are you employing people already? At some point I'm guessing that you might need to be certified to ISO 9001/AS.

Let us know your situation. I know some good consultants who might be able to help you - one worked for Sikorski.

Randy

Super Moderator
Re: Getting Started

Welcome to the Cove:bigwave:

Sidney's correct...if you want to do work for someone find out what work they have and how to qualify to do it.

To start off with I would suggest that you get a DUNS Number and incorporate either as an LLC or as one of the various types of corporations. It could also be useful if you were in the US gov't's Central Contracting Registry....just in case.

Even if you don't have a "product" and "customer" yet you can put together the shell of an AS9100 based QMS and start operating under it, then all you have to do is flesh it out with your product realization stuff. Of course you could consider yourself (business) to be a product and manage the "search" for work under your QMS...Plan-Do-Check-Act & Improve

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Getting started in business to become approved supplier to Sikorsky

All good advice so far. Let me add one more CAVEAT - don't organize your business so your only possible customer will be the Sikorsky part of UT.

It sounds to me like you are putting the cart before the horse in establishing technical requirements of a customer before you have a well-thought-out business plan.

Folks at the United States Small Business Administration have published lots of stuff on setting up a viable business plan. Free or low cost help in setting up a business is available through SCORE and other groups of experienced folks.

Some of the information included in the thread Consulting – Is it in YOUR Career Future? is pertinent to your needs in establishing the production of your product or service as a viable BUSINESS.

SBA >> https://sba.gov/
SCORE >> https://www.score.org/

Last edited:
Top Bottom