How to obtain an IATF ADP account and CB sponsorship

Dagmara

Registered
I am interested in becoming a 3rd party auditor but I am unable to find information on how to go about getting an IATF ADP account so I can begin to study and take the exams. I enjoy auditing and would like to pursue a certification. My question is if a CB sponsorship is required what is the process to request one? (I have been contacted by some recruiters with CB clients because I am a certified lead IATF internal auditor. However they all request my ADP number and indicate their clients are not interested in sponsoring anyone at this time.) As I understand it CBs are very short-staffed with qualified 3rd party IATF auditors? But they appear to be reluctant to sponsor candidates? And to get an ADP account to become certified and valuable to a CB you need a sponsorship. It just seems like a frustrating catch 22 scenario. Thank you to anyone who may have insight into this process.

Ashland78

Quite Involved in Discussions
What country are you in to start? Yes, you would have to be with a CB...

I think it is country dependant to start answering this question.

Randy

Super Moderator
I am interested in becoming a 3rd party auditor but I am unable to find information on how to go about getting an IATF ADP account so I can begin to study and take the exams. I enjoy auditing and would like to pursue a certification. My question is if a CB sponsorship is required what is the process to request one? (I have been contacted by some recruiters with CB clients because I am a certified lead IATF internal auditor. However they all request my ADP number and indicate their clients are not interested in sponsoring anyone at this time.) As I understand it CBs are very short-staffed with qualified 3rd party IATF auditors? But they appear to be reluctant to sponsor candidates? And to get an ADP account to become certified and valuable to a CB you need a sponsorship. It just seems like a frustrating catch 22 scenario. Thank you to anyone who may have insight into this process.

Are you willing to live out of your suitcase, eat in restaurants (upwards to 600 meals), and travel 200 days a year?

Are you willing to give up birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, holidays?

Yes, CB's are short of IATF and every other auditor, but what do you have to offer a CB that someone else doesn't?

Dagmara

Registered
Are you willing to live out of your suitcase, eat in restaurants (upwards to 600 meals), and travel 200 days a year?

Are you willing to give up birthdays, anniversaries, graduations, holidays?

Yes, CB's are short of IATF and every other auditor, but what do you have to offer a CB that someone else doesn't?

Mr. Randy,
Thank you for reminding me of the expectations. It is appreciated. I was already aware and quite willing to learn well, train well, and endeavor to become a valuable asset in partnership with a CB. I have already considered and counted the cost. And I did not mean to imply by any means that because CBs are short of auditors I should “get the job” at all in my inquiry. I was merely saying I did not understand why more information about sponsorship opportunities to work towards becoming a certified 3rd party auditor wasn’t readily available, especially given the shortage, as it has been frustrating to find information. I know that CBs and IATF auditors are held to a high standard of professional behavior in their duties. I don’t expect anything other than an equal opportunity alongside everyone else who may be interested in this career path. And I was only seeking information.
So I am really puzzled by the discouraging tone of your response. Perhaps you were only trying to give me a reality check? But your response borders on being insulting and rude. As a moderator of this forum I would think you would hold yourself to a higher standard in your communication with forum users.
So I am going to officially request you just remove my post altogether to resolve this. Thank you.

Randy

Super Moderator
So I am really puzzled by the discouraging tone of your response. Perhaps you were only trying to give me a reality check? But your response borders on being insulting and rude. As a moderator of this forum I would think you would hold yourself to a higher standard in your communication with forum users.
If you wanted honesty you got it. I've been a CB auditor for over 20 years, flown 2,000,000+ miles domestic US and have over 2,000 nights in one hotel chain alone, so I responded based on fact, not conjecture or guessing (except for Sidney who I hold in the highest regard because he speaks on fact as well).

You need to reflect a bit because if this was stressful, because supporting yourself and negative findings during an audit with a client who's paying upwards of $2,000+ a day for your work will really be fun.

In this business it's not so much as what you know as it is who you know for sponsership. Possibly a bit more work maturity will help before taking the plunge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom