IATF 16949 Cl. 8.7.1.7 - Scrapped nonconforming product

K

KnoKsuKaO

Hello,
please I need help with article 8.7.1.7 Nonconforming product disposition. Article want "that product is rendered unusable prior to disposal". Unfortunately, our core of production is small rubber parts and the nonconforming product is the incompleteness of the part. The part may be functional but part of the part is missing. How to make these parts unusable before liquidation with minimum cost?
Thank you.

K

KnoKsuKaO

Thank you Hendor, we product plastic parts too, this is simple, but rubber specific that granulate can not be so easy. I wanted to ask if anyone has solved this problem.

D

Doctor J

Thank you Hendor, we product plastic parts too, this is simple, but rubber specific that granulate can not be so easy. I wanted to ask if anyone has solved this problem.
Do your nonconforming parts have to be scrapped, or can they be recycled in any way?
Can you mention the plastic, or is it proprietary? I would say if the part is incomplete, it is NOT functional as it is missing something critical for its intended function and could be disposed of/or scrapped without extra steps.

Last edited by a moderator:
K

KnoKsuKaO

for now, we present it this way, but it is very controversial.
How many times can a piece be out of size and we almost certainly know that the part is functional but only out of size.
Most designers give us very strict tolerances on the drawing, although they are very loose because the part is just a sleeve, etc.

Top Bottom