IMDS Error Message Question

inspector625

Involved In Discussions
Hello Elsmar,

I know there are a lot of threads in regards to IMDS and error messages but I have read through them and am still at a loss with my particular problem. We manufacture fasteners to either Aerospace standards or Customer drawings. As part of the PPAP I am required to submit an IMDS. I have created many in the past but with the tightened restrictions on Reach/Restricted substances I am no longer able to complete the IMDS.

For example, we make A286 corrosion resistant fasteners out of material that is certified to AMS5731. When I put in the UNS code, locate my material and apply it to the IMDS I am getting error codes due to the Nickel content. The standard for the material is 24-27% and the node is saying that there is an error for the nickel content(see attachment), which of course stops me from being able to submit this to my Customer. I have downloaded all the literature that I can find on error codes, IMDS FAQ's, and the user manual. I have had a ticket in with IMDS for about 4 months now with no response other than please be patient, we have sent this to our team. My Customer however is not patient and I can not continue to wait on advice from IMDS.

Today, I am working on another IMDS for 347 steel. Again, although the material is conforming to the standard for chemical analysis, I am still getting error codes for chemical content, nickel. I am attaching this one as well. Another note I should mention is that it is telling me that all applications must be selected for all basic substances. I am not sure what that means, or where I should do this.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or experience with this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Material Node.PNG
    Material Node.PNG
    5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMDS Question.PNG
    IMDS Question.PNG
    36.2 KB · Views: 43

IMDSDATA

Starting to get Involved
FYI for others

IMDS submissions produce WARNINGS and ERRORS

a component/semcomponent/material with a warning CAN be submitted and accepted by a recepient. Thus it is important to understand

a component/semcomponent/material with an error CANNOT be submitted to anyone - thus must be corrected. For instance submitting without a contact person results in a error.

ALL I DO IS IMDS

optomist1

A Sea of Statistics
Super Moderator
FYI for others

IMDS submissions produce WARNINGS and ERRORS

a component/semcomponent/material with a warning CAN be submitted and accepted by a recepient. Thus it is important to understand

a component/semcomponent/material with an error CANNOT be submitted to anyone - thus must be corrected. For instance submitting without a contact person results in a error.

ALL I DO IS IMDS
In some way related to conflict minerals/materials??

IMDSDATA

Starting to get Involved
not related to conflict minerals/materials

you could create an item of 100% conflict minerals/materials. that would cause no error

There is a filter that allows you to see listed materials

Top Bottom