Internal Auditor competence for ISO 14001

kalehner

Involved - Posts
But 17021-1:2015 Appendix D is almost identical and includes a note that it is informative and not a requirement. He is asking about internal audits not certification audits. I believe that the chances of an auditor actively auditing for a CB having been vetted for these behaviors is better than for an auditor not currently working for a CB. :)

Appendix D - Desired personal behaviors

IMPORTANT — This annex is informative and not intended to be applied as requirements.

Examples of personal behavior that are important for personnel involved in certification activities for
any type of management system are described as follows:

a) ethical, i.e. fair, truthful, sincere, honest and discreet;​
b) open-minded, i.e. willing to consider alternative ideas or points of view;​
c) diplomatic, i.e. tactful in dealing with people;​
d) collaborative, i.e. effectively interacting with others;​
e) observant, i.e. actively aware of physical surroundings and activities;​
f) perceptive, i.e. instinctively aware of and able to understand situations;​
g) versatile, i.e. adjusts readily to different situations;​
h) tenacious, i.e. persistent and focused on achieving objectives;​
i) decisive, i.e. reaches timely conclusions based on logical reasoning and analysis;​
j) self-reliant, i.e. acts and functions independently;​
k) professional, i.e. exhibiting a courteous, conscientious and generally business-like demeanor in​
the workplace;​
l) morally courageous, i.e. willing to act responsibly and ethically even though these actions may not​
always be popular and may sometimes result in disagreement or confrontation;​
m) organized, i.e. exhibiting effective time management, prioritization, planning, and efficiency.​

Randy

Super Moderator
But 17021-1:2015 Appendix D is almost identical and includes a note that it is informative and not a requirement. He is asking about internal audits not certification audits. I believe that the chances of an auditor actively auditing for a CB having been vetted for these behaviors is better than for an auditor not currently working for a CB. :)

Appendix D - Desired personal behaviors

IMPORTANT — This annex is informative and not intended to be applied as requirements.

Examples of personal behavior that are important for personnel involved in certification activities for
any type of management system are described as follows:

a) ethical, i.e. fair, truthful, sincere, honest and discreet;
b) open-minded, i.e. willing to consider alternative ideas or points of view;
c) diplomatic, i.e. tactful in dealing with people;
d) collaborative, i.e. effectively interacting with others;
e) observant, i.e. actively aware of physical surroundings and activities;
f) perceptive, i.e. instinctively aware of and able to understand situations;
g) versatile, i.e. adjusts readily to different situations;
h) tenacious, i.e. persistent and focused on achieving objectives;
i) decisive, i.e. reaches timely conclusions based on logical reasoning and analysis;
j) self-reliant, i.e. acts and functions independently;
k) professional, i.e. exhibiting a courteous, conscientious and generally business-like demeanor in
the workplace;
l) morally courageous, i.e. willing to act responsibly and ethically even though these actions may not
always be popular and may sometimes result in disagreement or confrontation;
m) organized, i.e. exhibiting effective time management, prioritization, planning, and efficiency.

Doesn't really matter what you believe ISO 17021 is a required/mandatory document for CB's and 19011 isn't

Top Bottom