ISO 9000 Clause 4.2.2 - Interactions Between Processes - How do you satisfy this?

Mike S.

Happy to be Alive
Trusted Information Resource
Douglas,

Wow! And you have 22 more pages of detalied flows? How long did it take to do all of that? Has it helped your company -- i.e. if you had it to do over, would you do it even if it weren't for ISO 9000?

Q

qualitymanager

Purpose of diagram

M,

I first came up with this diagram to define for myself the interactions of the various Divsions within my organisation - some personnel did not appear to speak with one another, even on matters of business, so I was lost as to how things got done(analysis of results soon explained the observation, but that's another story).

I'm also hoping that it may be used to address 4.2.2 c (description of interaction of QMS processes) and 4.1 a (identification of QMS processes). My interpretation of the standard is that it doesn't specify the level of detail at which processes have to be described (arguments of processes vs. sub-processes & processes vs. documented procedures may buy me some leeway with a Registrar, maybe).

Now I use it (generally for new staff) to show them how the core processes interrelate with one another and the supporting services.

Do you think it communicates that interrelation ?

qualitymanager

Douglas E. Purdy

Quite Involved in Discussions
Process Flows

Mike S.,

The company hired me to primarily develop procedures for their warehousing and distribution portion of the business. The agreed upon project was to write them to comply with ISO-9001. I flowed and drafted the 20 procedures just under 3 months. The kicker is that they do not plan to go for registration. They just wanted standard procedures to train to for expansion of their business.

S

sxbalasu

Process flow diagram

I am a quality engineer involved basically in process improvements and developing quality procedures to avoid problems but I am also in the process of developing procedures/quality manual for our company but we dont have any plans as of now to go ISO 9001 but i am using that formats now just to make sure even if we decide to go ahead we will not have any problems. But i am just documenting the procedures we use right now and also implementing some new procedures to cope up with ISO 9001 requirements. I have just defined process flow diagram on a big scale and given interactino between departments and i am going to link that to my procedures. Will that satisfy ISO requirements.
Please clarify.
thanks

S

sxbalasu

Process flow diagram

Jim:
Thanks for your useful inputs. It seems from my earlier posting i havent conveyed my thoughts clearly to anybody. Let me try
to tell what i did or i am planning to do. I am going to walk through the processes that(what) takes place in our company
with process flowcharts and support them (how) by it takes place with procedures. Only difference between a flow chart and this is that the entity changes when there is a fucntion or department change. Say for eg the customer inputs, warranty inputs, problems faced will be inputs for new product design/development(i will tell how it takes place and documented in a procedure) and once a new design is verified and validated the entity that goes to Production engineering is design specs and that changes to process instructions and corresponding manufacturing procedures(document control procedure). The control mechanism that controls that the product is manufactured according to the specs is where i tell quality control procedures. Once the product comes out of the manufacturing line then the entity changes to end product then that flows out of the manufacturing to sales and reaches customer. Where ever necessary that i have to tell how to do
them i write a procedure and tell that there.
Hope it makes sense.

Top Bottom