ISO 9001 Detailed documents

V

Vinayak Dixit

Hi everyone.,

Plz if anybody can provide the detailed list of documents for all the departments (Classified as purchase ,design, production, Quality,sales,maintenance) to be prepared for the ISO 9001 certification process.? As i could not find anything in the standard says about the particular document name. Plz do help me out..:confused::confused::bonk:

D

db

ISO 9001 is applicable to any type of business. Not all businesses have specified departments. Documentation requirements are spelled out in 4.2.1. Pay close attention to 4.2.1 d which states that your documentation will include those documents (including records) that YOU determine are necessary to plan, operate and control your processes.

To answer your question, YOU need to determine what documents are needed by each department for the department to function effectively. That ends up becoming your list. Every company will have a different list, because each company is different. Look at what documents (paper and electronic) each department is currently using and ask; "If I take this document away, will there be a negative impact?" If there will be, then the document needs to be controlled.

I know that is not the answer you are looking for, but there is no magic list of departmental documents.

V

Vinayak Dixit

ISO 9001 is applicable to any type of business. Not all businesses have specified departments. Documentation requirements are spelled out in 4.2.1. Pay close attention to 4.2.1 d which states that your documentation will include those documents (including records) that YOU determine are necessary to plan, operate and control your processes.

To answer your question, YOU need to determine what documents are needed by each department for the department to function effectively. That ends up becoming your list. Every company will have a different list, because each company is different. Look at what documents (paper and electronic) each department is currently using and ask; "If I take this document away, will there be a negative impact?" If there will be, then the document needs to be controlled.

I know that is not the answer you are looking for, but there is no magic list of departmental documents.
I totally agree with u dave. But there is nothing mentioned in for a Electrical control system manufacturer as these are the particular documents the company should posses like the quality control plans, design reviews !!!! As a beginner i was very confused when i read the ISO 9001 standard. I agree its common for everyone but still its not clearing any of my doubts.. !
Thanks for your reply.

Vinayak Dixit

AndyN

Moved On
I totally agree with u dave. But there is nothing mentioned in for a Electrical control system manufacturer as these are the particular documents the company should posses like the quality control plans, design reviews !!!! As a beginner i was very confused when i read the ISO 9001 standard. I agree its common for everyone but still its not clearing any of my doubts.. !
Thanks for your reply.

Vinayak Dixit

You may need to view the requirements from a different point of view. These are things which your organization must - in some manner - comply with. I'd advise taking your existing documentation, then taking a look at ISO 9001 and ask yourself; "Are these documents controlled the way ISO 9001 says?" i.e reviewed, approved and so on.

Take your design documents/activities and ask; "Do these meet the 7.3 requirements?" Design planning, design review and so on.

Top Bottom