ISO 9001: Quality Management as a process

Paul Simpson

Trusted Information Resource
Just from the get-go and trying to restrain myself, you need to contact the CB and file the largest and nastiest complaint you can, and contact the CB's accreditation body if less than satisfied with the response.........Absolutely restrict that clod of an auditor from ever crossing your threshold again and quite honestly if that "Unprofessional professional" holds a 3rd party certification (like Exemplar Global or IRCA" file a complaint against him. He has violated the absolute for honesty.....ABSOLUTE!

He gave you, he promised you that there were no NC's and magically remembered a MAJOR? No way in %ell is this right, correct, or professional. Nobody "forgets" a MAJOR and definitely nobody says there are no NC's and then tosses in a MAJOR after an audit closes.....That's one of that largest cases of hor&&it I've heard in a long time and I've been doing this over 20 years.

NO! NO! NO! NO!
In my reply to @Parallax_Error I've suggested they start with an appeal first, @Randy ! But, like you, I'm seething. As one of my actions in support of the TC 176 Brand Integrity group - that @Sidney Vianna loves so much - I put together this article that describes routes to communicate with a range of parties in the accredited certification chain.

Tagin

Trusted Information Resource
The auditor told us that Quality is not a process as there is no input and output.

From ISO 9001:2015:
0.3.2 Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle
The PDCA cycle can be applied to all processes and to the quality management system as a whole.

The associated PDCA diagram in 0.3.2 includes:
  • inputs
    • organization and its context
    • customer requirements
    • needs & expectations of interested parties
  • outputs
    • customer satisfaction
    • products and services

Randy

Super Moderator
Come on Randy. Don’t sugar coat it. Tell us how you really feel. :p

Too bad we don’t have the names of those involved here. Sounds and smells really fishy.

Well, I don't want to upset the applecart too bad, it's just that I strongly emphasized when I was delivering training that we never leave a client with any surprises and that we absolutely must be honest, gain trust and never promise anything (including a sunset or sunrise). I would not want that person on my team and really wouldn't want to work with someone that does that. I'm a short step from seething mainly because it taints the profession of me and many of my friends here and with whom I work (And I sure hope it wasn't one of them)

malasuerte

Quite Involved in Discussions
Sorry OP for the problem. First off, what is the requirement this said Major is being written against?? In 4.4, the standard says "The organization shall determine the processes..." - THE ORGANIZATION, not the guy at the donut shop or some grouchy auditor!!!

A non-conformance cannot be written if there is not a requirement! The auditor cannot just say, that is not a Process, so you get a Major.

2nd, how in the world would that be a Major? Major = failure or absence!! Having said you have a process called QM, is neither. It's not a Minor either!! At best, the auditor could note an OFI, that "normally QM isn't considered a standalone process".

You have 2 options here: File a complaint (appeal) for the NC and then file a complaint for the auditor and indicate you never want them to be assigned to audit your company. OR, more drastic, go find a better CB and do it again.

Big Jim

Admin
Just from the get-go and trying to restrain myself, you need to contact the CB and file the largest and nastiest complaint you can, and contact the CB's accreditation body if less than satisfied with the response.........Absolutely restrict that clod of an auditor from ever crossing your threshold again and quite honestly if that "Unprofessional professional" holds a 3rd party certification (like Exemplar Global or IRCA" file a complaint against him. He has violated the absolute for honesty.....ABSOLUTE!

He gave you, he promised you that there were no NC's and magically remembered a MAJOR? No way in %ell is this right, correct, or professional. Nobody "forgets" a MAJOR and definitely nobody says there are no NC's and then tosses in a MAJOR after an audit closes.....That's one of that largest cases of hor&&it I've heard in a long time and I've been doing this over 20 years.

NO! NO! NO! NO!

Do it! Have a conversation with your certification body and do it sooner than later. YOU get to determine what your processes are, NOT the auditor.

Top Bottom