ISO 9001 vs. TL9000 - Which standard is more applicable?

Q

QualityKey

ISO 9001 Vs. TL9000

For a telecommunication service provider (Operator), which standard is more applicable or which is the better, doable, more appropriate ..etc

It seams to me that TL9000 apply more to vendors or suppliers that most of their business on developing new products and equipements.

I am not an expert in either one of them and seek your advice!

Please vote for either one of them and explain why would a big size telecommunication service provider chose one over another???

Thanks.

M

Matt M - 2009

Well, I am certainly no expert on TL9000, however my company did look into becoming certified for TL and what I can tell you is that TL is, as you may know, based on the 9001 standard. One thing that TL does, is it raises the bar of tracabilty and accountability of product for suppliers, vendors and the main product producer. TL is far more involved when it comes to things such as customer due dates for orders and TL is very specific in what qualifies as a late order. As an example if your customer calls you and says they want to push the date out for and order, you can change the due date because it was customer driven. But, if you encouter a problem and call the customer and tell them you cannot meet the original due date, even if they allow you push the date out, you technically must go by the original due date because the reason behind the change was not customer driven. TL is very much about customer service and meeting the customers needs and expectations.
There is also a rating system that compares your company to similar comanies in your industry, this is done anonymously by number and there is a website where you can see where your company stands. Hope this helped.;)

Q

QualityKey

CarolX

Thanks, I have a similar post in the TL9000, I got a good number of relies to the other post including a reply from (Matt M).

During the past few days I found out that ISO 9001 is a big part of the TL9000.

So my questions should have been " Should I recommend my organization to go for TL9000 or should we stick with our plan for the ISO 9001?" instead!

Agian, there is a good number of replies to my post in the TL9000 forum and I should good with that.

Matt M

Thanks, I see your reply in the other thread, didn't you know you are anserwing the same person!!

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Matt M - 2009

:notme: Well at the time I didn't know. Now I feel like the girl from the Progressive Insurance commercials.:bonk:

Top Bottom