Japan won its first Soccer Women?s World Cup

A

arios

Japan won its first Soccer Women’s World Cup

Mina-san to: Omedeto Gozaimasu, Congratulations Japan!!!!!! :applause::applause::magic:

Japan won its first Women’s World Cup on Sunday in a triumph built on hope, renewal, patience, composure and no small amount of good fortune, lifting a stricken country and somehow winning a match that the United States frequently dominated but could never control.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/18/s...les-back-to-win-womens-world-cup.html?_r=1&hp

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Japan won its first Soccer Women’s World Cup

I watched the match on TV: it was amazing and amuseful, more than a male one.
I would like to highlight that the match was very correct .
USA tought they had won but Japanese team had a good collective, they believed untill the end of match in the regular time and they hit.
USA were unlulcy many times, but Janapese merited the win for the courage and strength to fight untill the last second.
Congrats to both team!:bigwave:

K

kgott

Maybe the US players were concerned about catching radiation off the Japanese players. :D:D

A

arios

With no excuses Japan deserved victory. They played very well

BradM

Leader
Admin

Yeah, this would be a big moral boost to recover after its natural disaster. :applause:

Good point, Ajit. :agree1:

Obviously being American, I would have liked to have seen victory. But if there is any nation that needed a victory like this, it was Japan.

From what I heard, neither team played exceptionally well, and America played really bad. They said they made some really goofball coaching decisions also.

Statistical Steven

Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator

Maybe the US players were concerned about catching radiation off the Japanese players. :D:D

One of the Japanese players was a worker at that nuclear facility. But I doubt it had anything to do with it. The US should have won the game, but I think from the start it was going to be Japan because it is just a feel good story for the WORLD. No excuses for the US, but I think karma was against them.

I hope that US Soccer looks at this team from top to bottom and makes the changes needed to improve the women's soccer team in the US. Not sure it is a talent issue, but more about coaching and execution.

qusys

Trusted Information Resource

Good point, Ajit. :agree1:

Obviously being American, I would have liked to have seen victory. But if there is any nation that needed a victory like this, it was Japan.

From what I heard, neither team played exceptionally well, and America played really bad. They said they made some really goofball coaching decisions also.

US players really ate 3-4 goals, they hit the bars of the goal 3 times.
Wamback was very unlucky in a strong conclusion with the left foot.
USA scored in the second half in a counterattacking. They were confident to close the match for 1-0 but in the last two minute of the regular time , they made a gift to Japanese, making a big mistake in the area . Hope Solo was defeated.
The same thing in the extra time.
Prabably they had too much self confidence.:bigwave:

Randy

Super Moderator

Having grown up in Japan (Okinawa actually) I can honestly say that Japanese kids are born with a soccer ball at their feet and are playing before they can crawl

The girls did well:agree1:

A

arios

This could be taken as a bad joke, Don't you think so? Japanese were dealing with a tragedy after the earthquake and we should not use that as something to make jokes of.

Top Bottom