Management Review Non-Conformance - Meeting Measurable Goals and Objectives

M

mortby

Here's :2cents: worth:

I generally agree with the others.
Look at your audit in terms of an opportunity to baseline where you are and move forward.
It seems to me as if you have a pretty good grip on where your problem areas are.
If I was in your position and had limited time, I would put my time and effort into writing a solid qms plan. For example - you have identified management commitment and review as a problem, so maybe your plan would include engaging with your management team on quality issues and how you might go about it. As an idea, maybe a regular meeting to discuss where things are going wrong - take them solutions and show them the value of getting quality right.
Identify where the big holes are and try to get your management team to buy into letting you fix them.

Don't forget that your auditor works for you - they are a service provider and should be there to help.

Good Luck

G

Griff23

Thank you to all for your responses! I was expecting some of them to be scary, but I needed an honest outside opinion.

Even though Im just starting to be this deep in to ISO, I can clearly see the person before me had a habit of starting projects but did not follow through to the end. Rather than do a complete overhaul of the QMS, which is currently way over complicated and leaves no flexability, I decided to fix what is in place now. I have update almost all of the procedures, corrected forms, and organized the quality hard drive for ease of use.

I absolutely agree it starts with top management and I now beleive I have them on board. They have agreed to a complete reveiw and overhual (if needed) of the QMS. I also got them to agree to weekly meetings for a status update, until its determined that we are solid enough to go monthly and so on.

I would like to fill everyone in on the audit results when they are in. As Im fairly new to Elsmar, what is the best way to do this? Should I just reply back on this same thread?

Again, thank you to everyone!

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Thank you to all for your responses! I was expecting some of them to be scary, but I needed an honest outside opinion.

Even though Im just starting to be this deep in to ISO, I can clearly see the person before me had a habit of starting projects but did not follow through to the end. Rather than do a complete overhaul of the QMS, which is currently way over complicated and leaves no flexability, I decided to fix what is in place now. I have update almost all of the procedures, corrected forms, and organized the quality hard drive for ease of use.

I absolutely agree it starts with top management and I now beleive I have them on board. They have agreed to a complete reveiw and overhual (if needed) of the QMS. I also got them to agree to weekly meetings for a status update, until its determined that we are solid enough to go monthly and so on.

I would like to fill everyone in on the audit results when they are in. As Im fairly new to Elsmar, what is the best way to do this? Should I just reply back on this same thread?

Good luck with your job.
My suggestion is to open another thread with a specific theme or topic based upon a clear request.
Doing so, you have fresh ideas on what you need support or some advice to fix an issue on quality matter.:bigwave:

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant

It might be worthwhile to bring in a good trainer/consultant for a couple days to help you get started, now that you have management's attention and support. A little training on the principles, some direct guidance on where to go, will help you start off in a good direction and help keep you on track. Let me know if you would like to discuss this.

Top Bottom