My Thanks to Atul for his Help

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
For Atul

Go to (security) and look at Styles and Templates. Let me know what you think.

A

Atul Khandekar

I went to vBulletin site and saw their 'Admin Demo' . The control panel that I saw at the url given above is different from what I saw in the demo.

The AdminCP at the url youv'e given does not show any links to Styles or Templates.

Am I doing something wrong? I logged in with my username/password.

Marc

Leader
Atul Khandekar said:
Can't find Styles / Templates on that page!!

What did you see? That is the admin control panel and I upgraded you to an administrator. It should be in a listing in the far left fram which runs up and down.

One thing to remember - there are now 'phrase groups' wherein there is html, etc.

Are you MySQL savvy?

A

Atul Khandekar

This is what I see at:
The Elsmar Cove Forums
vBulletin 3.0.0 Beta 3 Admin Control Panel.

The left frame is not scrollable. It shows only Moderator options. There are no Styles / Templates in this (as I could see in vBulletin Admin Demo).

I use SQL with access/sql server/oracle. I have not worked with MySQL before, but I guess the Query Language should be pretty much standard.

Attachments

• adm1.gif
    adm1.gif
    46.6 KB · Views: 305
  • adm2.gif
    adm2.gif
    48.7 KB · Views: 246

Marc

Leader
Yeah - you have a very restricted view. Let me check your permissions.

Marc

Leader
Try logging out, clearing cookies, and logging back in. maybe even clear your browser's cache. that is really weird. I'm not sure what to say.

As an FYI to the other moderators, your control panel is at: (security) which will soon be: (security)

A

Atul Khandekar

Marc said:
Try logging out, clearing cookies, and logging back in. maybe even clear your browser's cache. that is really weird. I'm not sure what to say.

Tried everything - even deleting the cookies by hand. No effect. I'm still getting the same panel.

Also cannot access 'User Options' from my own (or any other user's) profile.Getting a 404. I could access this yesterday.

Marc

Leader
I'm wondering if it's an issue of the forums being set up for Elsmar.com while it's running from admin20.gsp.com until the DNS servers start pointing Elsmar.com to this IP. dan said he was leaving for NY this morning so I hope tonight he starts the transition. I screwed the start up yesterday at noon because I couldn't get the forums transferred and up by then.

I did re-upload all the php files and forced text in case one or more were sent binary somehow.

I can do all my user options and such. All that I have failing is when I view a user's profile and click on the link to the the admin options for that user.

Well, we'll monitor things. If you (or anyone else) see(s) anything let me know.

I reviewed vBulletin's bug forums and didn't notice anything relating to this off hand.

It is beta software so I have to accept some initial bugs. I just wish I didn't have to change servers at the same time.

Marc

Leader
Atul,

Try again now and see what happens. I made some changes to the main configuration file and a javascript file. I also rebooted the server.

Top Bottom