Nationwide (USA) Calibration Service Provider Reccommendations wanted

S

swene

Does anyone happen to know if there is a calibration company (vendor) that services nationwide? All of the companies I am seeing are only regional and most of those are mom-n-pop type places.

We have calibrated items as small as calipers to as large as truck scales. I can see an issue with hauling large truck scale weights long distances which may pose the problem of being nationwide.

Thanks much for your time
Steve

Mikishots

Trusted Information Resource
Re: Nationwide (USA) Calibration Service Provider

You can just go with a national lab like Florida Standards.

Ninja

Looking for Reality

Have you looked at Tektronics? www {dot} tek {dot} com (under service tab)

Can't vouch for them, just found them and they look like all of USA and Brasil.

HTH

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

Welcome to the Cove. :D

It would help to know where you are (at least in a general sense). You're correct in assuming that if you're in a remote location and need big scales calibrated, travel costs might be prohibitive. We have people here from all over the U.S., so if you can narrow down your location, someone might be able to help.

S

swene

We have locations in IL, MO, TX, OR, NC, GA, VA, CA not to mention 2 locations in Canada. Was just wondering if there is one company that will cover all of these site (US at least) to a) make managing easier on my part and b) possibly negotiating a large bundle discount.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin

We have locations in IL, MO, TX, OR, NC, GA, VA, CA not to mention 2 locations in Canada. Was just wondering if there is one company that will cover all of these site (US at least) to a) make managing easier on my part and b) possibly negotiating a large bundle discount.
Someone here might know something that I don't, but I seriously doubt that you will be able to find a calibration provider (especially for things like big scales) who can service locations 3000 miles apart.

Hershal

Metrologist-Auditor
There are several National/international providers. I suggest that you put a bid spec together and shop it to the National providers.

The two largest are Transcat and Simco. There are others also. Several of the National providers are accredited.

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom