Organization Chart Control and Quality Manual Integration

A

Al Dyer

Thank you JaneB,

Why even have a organization chart if it changes so often that it affects procedures and policies. Have the documents you need and as said, the rest is gravy. KISS

Al...

A

aqualpro

Thank you JaneB,

Why even have a organization chart if it changes so often that it affects procedures and policies. Have the documents you need and as said, the rest is gravy. KISS

Al...
ISO9000-based quality systems require the designation of a management representative. By including or referencing in the quality manual the org chart the management representative, it provides a demonstration of organization's "seriousness" towards the quality system.

FYI to all: I confirmed with an ISO auditor that referencing the org chart in the quality manual is acceptable. I'm pretty sure you can get creative with how you control the org chart if you happen to be in an organization that seems to be in a state constant reorganization.

A

Al Dyer

aqualpro,

As you say, "...referencing the org chart in the quality manual is acceptable..."

My only question would be what is seriousness? We build all systems around our business mode and what works for the company. An auditor does not care about seriousness or intentions, when he/she finds a hit, they say fix it.

Thanks

Al...

Last edited by a moderator:
A

aqualpro

aqualpro,

As you say, "...referencing the org chart in the quality manual is acceptable..."

My only question would be what is seriousness? We build all systems around our business mode and what works for the company. An auditor does not care about seriousness or intentions, when he/she finds a hit, they say fix it.

Thanks

Al...
Seriousness can be thought of as organizational commitment to the quality system.

Also, the standard says "management" representative, not worker representative for a reason. The reason is that an organization implementing an ISO-based quality system treats the quality system as an organization wide effort and not just one department's.

T

tselalee

Are you in any way associated with the company that you recommended?

Stijloor, Forum Moderator.

I am HR representative in a company, used the trial of humanconcepts and found it helpful. spent sometime with visio as well :bigwave:

In my free time I read, write and engage in social community and gain knowledge :cool:

Top Bottom