Outsource Management Representative?

E

eureka

Mr

Does Management representative may be outsourcing or have to be employee of the company?
Robert

Randy

Super Moderator
The MR should be an employee because this person is auditable. Have you tried using the SEARCH mode in the forum?

B

BadgerMan

Although the standard does not specify, it does (in my opinion) imply that the Mgmt Rep must be a member of the management team with the necessary responsibility AND authority to affect change with regard to the EMS.

R

Rachel

Okay, fellas and ladies, I got one for ya...

Here's the thing: I am technically the QMS auditor for our company. I've been given the task of implementing 9K:2K. I have been with the company for *4* big months. I'm also 23 and fresh out of school last April. As such, yep, I am nowhere *near* top management. My boss reports to the CEO, but I...do not.

So, 9K:2K, 5.5.2 states that the management rep must be a "member of management...[and must have] responsibility and authority that includes...reporting to top management on the performance of the QMS...<blahblahblah>."

My responsibilities are basically that of the management rep (5.5.2a), but I'm not at the right level in the company org chart to actually *be* the management rep.

Who wants to shed some light for me? Any takers?? :bonk:

Cheers,
-R.

Last edited by a moderator:

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
Hi Rachel:
It's easy. The short answer is, your boss is the MR and you do all the work.:biglaugh:

Rachel said:
My boss reports to the CEO, but I...do not.

Who wants to shed some light for me? Any takers?? :bonk:
Ok, I'll bite. Assuming that your boss is the management rep, there is nothing that prevents him from delegating tasks to you. He is still reponsible for them of course...

/Claes

Added later: Simultaneous posting again? Hullo Al..:agree:

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
Claes Gefvenberg said:
Ok, I'll bite. Assuming that your boss is the management rep, there is nothing that prevents him from delegating tasks to you. He is still reponsible for them of course...

/Claes

Added later: Simultaneous posting again? Hullo Al..:agree:
Hi Claes:
Great minds think alike.

G

Greg B

Sorry Rachel,

I have to agree with Al and Claes. My last Four Managers have all been the MR but as Al & Claes have stated I have done ALL of the work. I have suggested the audit scopes and schedules, Performed the audits, written all the quality reports, managed the MR meetings (secretary) etc etc. You see, at the bottom of my Job Description is a little phrase that says something like:
'...and other duties as delegated by the Manager'.
I think we have all had to bear the brunt of 'Delegation' as usually the MR does not know what the h*ll is going on.JMHO.:soap:

Eureka,
I would love the opportunity to be a contract MR (if there was such a thing). Walk into companies tell them what is wrong and leave them to fix it. Easy money. (Actually I think we call them registrars) :biglaugh:

Greg B

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
That is an easy one

I am not saying that I necessarily agree with the TC 176 OFFICIAL interpretation, but just check https://www.tc176.org/pdf/rfi027_final.pdf

The Management Rep does NOT have to be a full time employee of the organization. It can be someone that works on a part time basis. Not sure if that is what you meant by "outsorcing".

Randy

Super Moderator
"Outsourcing" would be hiring someone from thoe outside Sid, like me or Marc, or Kevin L or any of the other free lancers here being the MR.

Top Bottom