Participation and winning

M

M Greenaway

Hmmmmmmm - quite a perverse re-hash of modern history !!

Energy - didnt realise you were so liberal :vfunny:

E

energy

maybe, just maybe

Originally posted by Lucinda
Energy,
Also, (not to start a political debate), I've been told that while they dislike the British, they do like and appreciate the Americans for coming in and saving the day for them. So they may steer away from English until they realize that you are American. Just a thought.
Could it be that whoever told you that was talking to a beautiful American woman and just wanted to try on your diving tank? I don't want to get political either, so I'll reserve my comments about these people and their gratitude for private e-mail or messaging!:eek: :ko: :smokin:

B

Bruce Epstein

Some of us actually choose where to live

Originally posted by M Greenaway
Hmmmmmmm - quite a perverse re-hash of modern history !!

Par for the course for a country that is linguistically and geographically impaired, and whose foreign policy, as SatireWire so aptly put it, is "promise to consult with its allies before doing whatever the hell it was going to do anyway" (see https://www.satirewire.com/news/feb02/allies.shtml).

Hey, just like the posts that promote how wonderful Paris is, I'm adding some balance.

No balance is needed, Paris just happens to be better than say Naugatuck (yes, I've been there).

E

energy

Re: Some of us actually choose where to live

Originally posted by Bruce Epstein

Par for the course for a country that is linguistically and geographically impaired, and whose foreign policy, as SatireWire so aptly put it, is "promise to consult with its allies before doing whatever the hell it was going to do anyway" (see https://www.satirewire.com/news/feb02/allies.shtml).
No balance is needed, Paris just happens to be better than say Naugatuck (yes, I've been there).

Well, that didn't long to get personal! But, what do you expect from an Epstein in Paris? I find your reference to Allies offensive, as well as, expected from your ilk. As for Naugatuck, I think I saw you once looking at a rent or maybe checking to see if the door was locked. :eek: :ko: :smokin:

B

Bruce Epstein

Originally posted by energy

As for Naugatuck, I think I saw you once looking at a rent or maybe checking to see if the door was locked.

What, you have locks on your doors now??? :vfunny: :vfunny:

OK, no more politics, no more personal attacks, and I declare that my posts will also continue to be a road-kill free zone.

:p

E

energy

Good enough!

Originally posted by Bruce Epstein

OK, no more politics, no more personal attacks, and I declare that my posts will also continue to be a road-kill free zone.
:p

Thanks, Bruce. Somehow I don't think our posts would have survived the day, anyway!:vfunny: :ko: :smokin:

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Yes - Please... Let's kill the politics and personal darts. We don't need another flareup... Two people have reported this thread today already.

J

JodiB

Sorry!

I didn't mean to stir anything up and I sure didn't mean to offend anyone! It was wrong of me to repeat what essentially amounts to gossip. I was just trying to explain it the way it was explained to me (by members of both countries by the way). oops didn't mean to set it off again.

Please accept my apologies. :bigwave: I love all the different cultures that this world holds and when I travel I try to live their way, not mine. There is no such thing as "better" - only "different" and if I didn't want "different" than I should stay at home and keep my mouth shut, yeah?

When the last kiddo is out of the house (only 7 more years) then I am backpacking it everywhere! Seriously. A backpack, a sleepsheet, one pair of clothes to wear and one to carry, etc. Oh yeah, I know just what I'm taking and where I'm staying - hostels, campgrounds, you name it.

In the meantime I have to "settle" for clean fancy hotels and restaurant meals. Yawn.:vfunny:

J

JodiB

Sooo funny!

Bruce, I just checked out that website and it is very funny! Thanks for making the reference - it has so far made my day! It has now become one of my bookmarks!

Q

qadrew

First post

:confused:
I don't have anything to contribute except my first post.
I was refered to this forum recently while browsing many links
with questions about a mahcine shop calibration system.
I often pop on for a few minutes at a time just to look for any
bit of information for the day.
This morning I saw a sound reminder,
"we can't expect different results if we don't change the process"
I don't have the exact quote still in front on me.
I've been in machine shop for 18 years, the last 6 being in quality, our shop has 35 employees.
When you quality profesionals have something to post, you are being helpful.
Thank You
Andrew Lock

Top Bottom