PPAP - Same product, different color new PPAP? Small plastic button

J

jwelch1

I have a question. My plant makes a very small part for automotive interiors. We refer to it as ISO FIX marker. It is the small plastic button that has the baby in the baby seat, mostly in the backseat of vehicles. These parts are used in domestic and imported vehicles. Our customer asks for the a PPAP for say, Toyota Tundra application for a black button, then the next month they ask for Toyota Corrolla application for the same black button. We are doing these for free, so you can imagine the amount of these I am being asked to complete. Fifteen this week. Usually 10-20 a month. My questions are, should I have to redo this everytime? Does anybody else do this? Should the PPAP even reference their part number? or should it just have my part number? These guys drive me crazy..........please help.

F

fuzzy

Mixed Message

While your title says one thing the body of your post says another...Same colors, same materials, same tools for a different application (assumed to be a different PN) I would take all of my original submission and just cut and paste the new PN in (presuming that all data, tests, etc. were less than 1 year old). If color is changed that would usually drive a different AAR (Appearance Approval Report). But I know from my past that Toyota doesn't follow PPAP, so are you a Tier Two to TMM?:confused:

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
Welcome to the cove
Sometimes the change of colour affects the dimensions and operation of injection moulding.
I think that a dimensional report is required for you at least.
Remember that you have done all the basic work and level 3 is not compulsory just the default.

Helmut Jilling

Auditor / Consultant
jwelch1 said:
I have a question. My plant makes a very small part for automotive interiors. We refer to it as ISO FIX marker. It is the small plastic button that has the baby in the baby seat, mostly in the backseat of vehicles. These parts are used in domestic and imported vehicles. Our customer asks for the a PPAP for say, Toyota Tundra application for a black button, then the next month they ask for Toyota Corrolla application for the same black button. We are doing these for free, so you can imagine the amount of these I am being asked to complete. Fifteen this week. Usually 10-20 a month. My questions are, should I have to redo this everytime? Does anybody else do this? Should the PPAP even reference their part number? or should it just have my part number? These guys drive me crazy..........please help.

10-20 a month for the same part is insane. There are different approaches that can be applied, as mention ed in some of the previous posts. You can also try a family approach, with those documents that actually change being added as appropriate. But, you have to discuss this with your management and with the customer to arrive at a workable solution.

Top Bottom