Definition PR&R - GM's Problem Reporting & Resolution System

R

Ron Tollett

I've searched and cannot find what PR & R stands for. Please advise.

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
Re: PR&R

I don't know whether it is still current info since I have been out of the automotive industry for several years, but at one time PRR stood for GM's Problem Reporting & Resolution system. This was a computer-based system where GM locations could initiate the PRR electronically, and the supplier could respond with the results of the corrective action.

Jim Wynne

Leader
Admin
Re: PR&R

I belive you are correct!!! Thanks!!

Miner is correct (as usual), unless there's some other weird PR&R out there. It is (or was) GMs' supplier corrective action system, and when I was dealing with them in the late 90s it was invoked across a Wikipedia reference-linkTelnet connection. It was slow and quirky and had to be accessed daily to see if there were any messages or PR&Rs to be dealt with. If there was a problem with GM's complaint, you then had to try and find someone on the phone to deal with it, which could take days. This meant that many bogus PR&Rs were just accepted and answered rather than risking another PR&R for late response. It was a large part of GM's mindless and tyrannical methods for dealing with suppliers.

R

rparcm08

I assume, from your response, that GM does not have a formal system for PRR disputes. As a new GM direct supplier, we received a duplicate PRR. I am not aware of any way of challenging the PRR, other than calling GM and getting lost in their system.

Top Bottom