Procedure Request for the six 'must have' documented procedures

R

Ray Cann

Hi Everyone

I am just trawling through the lengthy process of the transition.

Has anybody got some examples of the six 'must have' documented procedures that I can review.

Yours Beggingly

Ray:confused:

Q

qualitymanager

Ray,

For a format which can be used for ISO 9001:2000 procedures you can refer to:

ISO/TR 10013 "Guidelines for quality management system documentation" (2001-07-15).

It should be available from ASQ (probably by another number) and certainly from ISO (www.iso.org)

Haven't finished any of my "6 required" procedures yet so no luck there.

Regards,

qualitymanager

R

Ray Cann

Procedures

Many thanks for your reply Quality Manager.

Good luck with your procedures

Regards

Ray Cann

Manoj Mathur

Quite Involved in Discussions
Mr. Cann,

Some or in other tread I have posted and attached 4 Procedures out of 6 procedures. If you don't find it or else you find rest a;so you can directly ask from me through mail Id.

Manoj Mathur

S

sxbalasu

Procedures (Basic 6)

Mr.Manoj:
Can you please email the copy of basic required 6 procedures?

thanks
siva

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
I always use this format/outline for my text procedures. Take a look at as many as you can and create one that works for you. You may decide to use flow charts in some situations. We use both, depending upon the subject matter and the expertise level of the intended audience. If you perform a forums search with the words "process interaction" or "process mapping" you will see examples of flow charts varying in complexity. I have been much enlighted in those threads!

This is how I begin to write procedures: Talk to the people who manage and perform the activity(ies) and write down what you do right now, (the good, the bad, and the ugly) regardless of conformance to the requirement. Then compare the standard to what you do now and fill in the unaddressed shalls. Personally, I assign each shall a number and then number a sheet of paper and for each shall I note where in the procedure it is addressed, or that it is not addressed. Then I go back to the people with the requirements that are not addressed and brainstorm ideas for the most simple yet effective way of meeting these requirements. A lot of times when I go back to the people and explain an unaddressed requirement, they say "Oh, we do that already." You have to draw out the information and put it on paper in a suitable format. I have found that this team review of a procedure is also a great way to identify and get rid of any activities that do not add value.

I can't figure out how to attach more than one document, here come two more.

Attachments

• tcp.05.02.doc
    30 KB · Views: 361

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
I am in the process of revising this - note in 3.1.3 it describes the document number format referencing ISO9002:1994 element numbering. This was how it was already set up when I started here, I don't like to do it this way, but many do. Now I am going to remove 3.1.3 as well as all of 3.2 because I have been converting so many text procedures to flow charts (this one included).

Attachments

• tcp.05.01.doc
    33.5 KB · Views: 356

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
Due to the nature of our business, we have literally hundreds of customers in a number of market segments all with their own requirements. This is why we decided to address internal documents, external documents and engineering drawings each in their own procedure rather than create one long complicated document.

Attachments

• tcp.05.03.doc
    28.5 KB · Views: 292
R

Ratbs

Procedures

Mr Spears:
I do the same way of meeting people of corresponding function and then write down what they actually do and write the requirements that we havent met in a different color and ask them to let me know what can we do about that. I would also help them out with my suggestions. That has been working good so far. If you can email me your procedure to my email address i will appreciate that. We are not working towards ISO certification but i am preparing all those procedures and implementing thos in that format as i think it will be helpful. I have added some flowcharts with some procedure but havent completed that fully yet.
thanks
siva

Top Bottom