Quality Manual for ISO/TS 16949 for criticism

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Leader
Admin
There have been a large number of manuals posted here.
I am posting another which I have written not as a copy of the standard but at an attempt to show the system and by the use of the process matrix an attempt to remove the need for a number of the procedures/work instructions that a lot of companies feel are necessary.
I believe that forms are WI as the instructions and the fields are in directed and if we take for example the Management Review, I have defined it in the matrix and referred to a form which contains the inputs and provides space for the output.

I will not claim that it is 100% original and some here will see their ideas but as we know "Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery".
The process owners are not complete but that is not relevant to the understanding.

I am interested in constructive criticism to this Manual.
Please feel free to comment

Attachments

• Quality Manual example.doc
    266.5 KB · Views: 1,992
H

haifeng

Dear Sir,
My comment as following:
1.The relation between the standard and the QMS needs to be clear;
2.Out sourced processes should be more concrete, not just say 'some';
3.If the responsibility and authority can be related with processes, it will be more clear for QMS description;
4.I think to reference the procedures and WI more detailed is necessary;
5.'Measurement of effectiveness' is the monitoring content also, the 'Measurement of effectiveness' should be more conrete.
6. The 'reaction' after 'Measurement of effectiveness' can be added to describe the interaction with other processes/activities.
7.The aim of quality manual is to describe the whole map of a quality management system, to transfer the QMS 'traffic' information to reader, to give them direction and road.., just like the road map. if it's too general, this aim is hard to reach.
Just for reference.
Best Regards!
HAIFENG

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom