Quality Policy Requirements - Establish and implement

G

gowithqlty

We have an environmental statement, where a commitment to the enviroment and quality are both clearly stated, as well as to continual improvement in our processes. This document contents appear to be very much in tune with a quality policy statement, in fact, the commitment to the environment is extra. The question: is there a need to create another policy for "quality"? The only thing missing in this statement is a title. (ex: such as Quality Policy).

Let me know your input please, we don't want to waste our time resources creating another similar document that expresses the same commitments. If there is no need to create another document we could very well title our current document "Quality Policy". I compared the contents of our statement with the reqs needed for the Quality Policy, ISO 9001 2008, and appear to be compliance.

Last edited by a moderator:

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Quality Policy establish and implement

We have an environmental statement, where a commitment to the enviroment and quality are both clearly stated, as well as to continual improvement in our processes. This document contents appear to be very much in tune with a quality policy statement, in fact, the commitment to the environment is extra. The question: is there a need to create another policy for "quality"? The only thing missing in this statement is a title. (ex: such as Quality Policy).

Let me know your input please, we don't want to waste our time resources creating another similar document that expresses the same commitments. If there is no need to create another document we could very well title our current document "Quality Policy". I compared the contents of our statement with the reqs needed for the Quality Policy, ISO 9001 2008, and appear to be compliance.

Based on your information I see no reason to add another document.
ISO9001 requires you to have a Quality Policy...
You have one, it's just not called that right now.

I see two roads:
1) Rename your current statement to "Quality and Environmental Policy" or something similar. There is no reason you can't combine environmental and quality.
2) Change nothing and put a line in your quality manual under the Quality Policy section states that your quality policy is this "statement" and it covers the requirements of the standard.

Either way it will have to be controlled.

Personally I would choose path 1. I think that the path of least resistance for auditors looking for a "Quality Policy". It's easier to change the title of this one statement than to explain the situation over and over.

PS - welcome to the Cove.

B

B.Read - 2010

Re: Quality Policy establish and implement

No need for a separate doc...include your quality policy in your Quality Manual. Ensure your policy is aligned with Business objectives, etc

Top Bottom