Recovery Plan for Unmet Quality Objectives

TabithaL96

Registered
Recently had a customer request my Recovery Plan for missing the date on a supplier audit. Per procedure it said every two years, due in Nov. 2023, discovered the miss during Management Review for Q4 2023. Customer came in and audited, looked at last Management Review and asked about why I didn't show a Recovery Plan. I haven't heard of this until now. Any advice or resources, templates, etc.?

Randy

Super Moderator
Recovery Plan? Maybe meaning Business Continuity Plan?

Is it a requirement for you to have one or just a nice idea from this auditor?

Every organization should have one of some type of forward planning...This is a DUH situation, but are they required to by anyone of anything? Have him show you the shall.

There are probably 100,000 examples of plans out there, do a Google, Bing or whatever, pick one and run with it.

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
Recently had a customer request my Recovery Plan for missing the date on a supplier audit. Per procedure it said every two years, due in Nov. 2023, discovered the miss during Management Review for Q4 2023. Customer came in and audited, looked at last Management Review and asked about why I didn't show a Recovery Plan. I haven't heard of this until now. Any advice or resources, templates, etc.?
I think they are just looking for an action plan to show how you intend to get back on track with your supplier audits. A simple RAIL template (example below) would work. Say you were behind on 5 supplier audits. Just list those 5 audits as individual line items with a date for completing each. Ideally, these dates should be aggressive enough that you don't fall further behind. While the auditor may be going beyond the requirements, most senior leadership types will say "Don't bring me a problem without also recommending some solutions", so it is a good idea for future management reviews.

Note: Include only those columns that will add value for you. For example, Category may not add value.
Recovery Plan for Unmet Quality Objectives

Ed Panek

QA RA Small Med Dev Company
Leader
Super Moderator
Did you miss a supplier's scheduled audit date?

Risk based analysis

What risk class is this supplier?
Have you purchased from them between missing the audit date and today?

Im not familiar with recovery plan. After you found it you create a CAPA (QMS NC) generally and follow your CAPA process. If you didn't purchase anything from the supplier after the scheduled audit date there isn't any extra work, but if you did you need to document what you will do with raw material and FG from that supplier. What about materials shipped to customers already?

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
With all due respect, this is a bs CAR. The lazy customer auditor harvesting a very low hanging fruit from reviewing the record of the management review and finding something already identified by the organization themselves. A lazy customer auditor for sure. Recovery plan? Buzzword for correction and (potential) corrective action.

Ed Panek

QA RA Small Med Dev Company
Leader
Super Moderator
With all due respect, this is a bs CAR. The lazy customer auditor harvesting a very low hanging fruit from reviewing the record of the management review and finding something already identified by the organization themselves. A lazy customer auditor for sure. Recovery plan? Buzzword for correction and (potential) corrective action.
But how does their SQE show his company that he's "Doing stuff and making a difference?"

/sarcasm off

Bev D

Heretical Statistician
Leader
Super Moderator
As others have said The auditor just used a buzz word phrase. They were looking for what you were going to do abou missing the date (and an easy but unsupported finding). However, you should do something about it, probably not anything too difficult and either se something like what Miner posted OR just document it in your management review minutes as that is where you say you discovered it or at least brought it to management’s attention in that forum. Ed has some good questions too. ;)

TabithaL96

Registered
Ok - thank you everyone. I was wondering if I had totally missed something, but had been scouring standards to find this "recovery plan" shall.
I did do a Corrective Action, and I have since the discovery sent out my surveys and Supplier self-evaluations. I have in my CAPA all the rationale behind why it is low risk and why we can continue to get product from them with negligible impact to quality. I'm glad I wasn't going crazy, lol.

Top Bottom