Registrar system failure - IATF rejected paperwork - Insufficient audit days

J

just67horns

I may need all of your help.

We have been waiting for our TS certificate for over two months. The audit was completed (Via a few NCR) on December 1 2006. We have been told by our registrar that everything was fine. Just waiting for the paperwork...

We applied pressure, as our customers were (Our QS expired last march) pressuring us.

Long story short. Our registrar blew it big time. Somehow, they didn't know that the IATF rejected our paperwork due to "not enough time spent auditing". They were not aware and did nothing about it.

When we delayed our TS audit (for success) by 6 months and chose to let our certification expire temporarily, the registrar missed adding 1.5 days extra on site audit time. I missed it, they missed it. We had 9 days auditing time for our 140 employee company split between the ISO 9001 scope and the TS scope. When our auditors were here, they were arguing to reduce the time spent, as they thought it was big time overkill for our company.

So, now they are sending in, at their cost, another auditor to do 1.5 more days auditing. Rushed!

What recourse do we have?
When do we start looking for another registrar?
Any advice from our more experienced members on actions I should take?

Summary of our TS registration
first auditor asked for ridiculous things- We replaced him after the readiness review (see my other thread)
Second Auditor came back for a second readiness review. That went OK.
Then, when the lead auditor and #2 guy came back they did the audit and wrote us up, deservedly so. We addressed all, pretty well. The follow up was somewhat of a travesty, and I cannot even say what happened as the registrar does not even know... Only us and our auditors.

Now, months later, we are being kicked back to auditing again. We are told that the auditor "will not find any new problems". The registrar seems to be only covering their butt. The system it seems, has been taken over by people who have missed the point.

Any advice would be appreciated.
:mad:

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Re: Failure of the system! Help with Registrar

Not much, sorry to say. As long you want the TS certificate, you will have to go through the "delta audit".
When do we start looking for another registrar?
Only you can answer that question, but be aware that transitioning a TS certificate requires the incoming registrar to perform a re-certification-like audit. So, it is not a inexpensive proposition.
Any advice from our more experienced members on actions I should take?
If you do decide to switch registrars, look at your original selection criteria and determine why you selected one that failed to follow the IATF process and put you in a bind. Otherwise, you run the risk of making another poor selection.
The Automotive supply chain places extreme attention to price. Instead of focusing on value. Many TS CB selection processes are based on price and price only. But the Automotive world can not ignore the yougetwhatyoupayfor law of business. Not saying this was the case here.
The follow up was somewhat of a travesty, and I cannot even say what happened as the registrar does not even know... Only us and our auditors.
alarmed.jpg

We are told that the auditor "will not find any new problems".
:mg: How can they guarantee that?
The registrar seems to be only covering their butt. The system it seems, has been taken over by people who have missed the point.
I agree with you that the TS certification rules have some very bureaucratic checks and balances. But had the CB followed the process, you would have had your TS certificate several weeks ago.

Last edited:

Paul Simpson

Trusted Information Resource

Now, months later, we are being kicked back to auditing again. We are told that the auditor "will not find any new problems". The registrar seems to be only covering their butt. The system it seems, has been taken over by people who have missed the point.

Any advice would be appreciated.
:mad:
Another frightening tale! I can only agree that there is a certain amount of backside covering here. This from the new and improved TS process!

The TS process is all about checks and balances and paperwork to satisfy the IATF. I have heard of a TS audit where there was half a day writing up - dotting is and crossing ts - all for a 2 day audit!

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource

All I can say is wow! And ditto to what Sidney said.

ScottK

Not out of the crisis
Leader
Super Moderator

The system it seems, has been taken over by people who have missed the point.

what would happen if every automotive supplier said "nuts to TS"?
Would the automakers start making their own parts again?

V

vanputten

Ask for a 8D corrective action from your registar? Charge them for business disruption?

When do we start looking for another registrar? Now.

Any advice from our more experienced members on actions I should take? Based on the information you have priovided, I would get a new registrar. You could contact the IATF or your local oversight office and ask them if there is a complaint process.

Regards,

Dirk

J

just67horns

Our registrar now has informed us that their customer service rep, who wrote us over and over saying things were fine, knew, it sounds like for as much as 6 weeks, that our package had been rejected by the IATF. She did nothing and notified no-one including her own management. The scary item is this same problem effects three other clients! Anyone else out there waiting for their certificate???

J

just67horns

Latest update,
The registrar sent another auditor to make up the missing time. They are expediting our paperwork. In one week they did more than they had since this was initiated.

Their instant response may save their account, and maybe bring future business.
Thanks all

Top Bottom