Remote to the Remote Location

shess

Registered
Hi! New to the forum. I wonder if anyone has good clarity on any IATF requirement that the remote to the remote location must be audited. For example, we have the HQ (Business process review, KPIs, resource planning, etc.) of a remote support function (product design) in California and some satellite offices in Texas and Italy. We audit the HQ, but please help me understand the hard requirement to audit the supporting locations in Texas and Italy for Certification. We DO audit them internally.

Ashland78

Quite Involved in Discussions
Hi! New to the forum. I wonder if anyone has good clarity on any IATF requirement that the remote to the remote location must be audited. For example, we have the HQ (Business process review, KPIs, resource planning, etc.) of a remote support function (product design) in California and some satellite offices in Texas and Italy. We audit the HQ, but please help me understand the hard requirement to audit the supporting locations in Texas and Italy for Certification. We DO audit them internally.
These do need to be audited by an external auditor as it is part of the process. They may have to be audited on their own too, depending if they manufacture. All parts of the organization shall be considered. You may find information in the IATF Rules. Good luck

shess

Registered
Hi - thanks for the response. I don't think I was clear enough. These are ONLY remote supporting functions - NO manufacturing. Essentially offices where design engineers sit and work on part of the design process that is headquartered at a different location. The HQ RL does support the mfg locations through product design and we specify this on the Annex of the Cert. I don't know which Rule specifies the remote to the RL MUST also be audited for certification.

Mr.Ruiz

Starting to get Involved
Hi - thanks for the response. I don't think I was clear enough. These are ONLY remote supporting functions - NO manufacturing. Essentially offices where design engineers sit and work on part of the design process that is headquartered at a different location. The HQ RL does support the mfg locations through product design and we specify this on the Annex of the Cert. I don't know which Rule specifies the remote to the RL MUST also be audited for certification.
Hi,

Per IATF rules for achieving and maintaining IATF, you have to perform such audit, internally and externally, as outlined in the clause 5.5 of the document.

We used to have Customer Service, Production Planning and Product Design in Asia, and we had to agree with the certification body to schedule these external remote audits, and all of these processes must be audited before your stage 2 audit. as described in page 3 of the Rules.

Remote to the Remote Location

shess

Registered
Hi! We do audit our RL's. In our QMS, we specify that our RL also has a head quarter location where the process is managed, resourced, governed, KPI, business process review etc. For each Remote supporting function and it's head quarter location - we ALSO have other offices in other areas of the world governed by this RL HQ location.

For example, RL supporting function "Procurement," headquartered in Atlanta, GA. Other offices with people doing some or all of the same process (Procurement) are located in Gillette, WY, Topeka, KS, and Sacramento, CA. These three other locations DO NOT have separate KPIs but only contribute to the overall success of the headquarters of the Process, which is located in Atlanta and shows up on the Annex to the certificates as direct support. MUST the other 3 locations (Gillette, Topeka, and Sacramento) have separate audits by our CB to meet the IATF Rules, and if yes, which clause supports this requirement?

Top Bottom