Requirements for Registration

R

Roger Eastin

Is there any more word on which of the Big 3 are requiring registration to the TE supplement and by what dates this registration will be required?

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
I don't know of any registration requirements off hand, but I can assure you it will be different with each company.

J

J R Stewart

There is no solid date to be in conformance with the TE Supplement. However, to be a Ford Q1 supplier you have to have an "assessment score (QSA-TE) of 80% or better with no element less than the minimum "pass" as directed by the administering activitiy." That is from the Q1 Award FOR TOOLING AND EQUIPMENT SUPPLIERS(FAO Quality Office dated July 1997). Now if you look at the Q1 FOR MACHINERY AND TOOLING SUPPLIERS (external) dated July 1997 from the Facilities, Materials, and Services Purchasing you will find under Systems Requirement that QOS & TE Supplement Compliance (included in supplier's Quality Manual and verified with ISO-9000 Registration). I have not heard from GM or Chrysler that they require the TE Supplement compliance verification like Ford does. Also, from the two publication listed above you can see Ford doesn't really know what they want from their T&E suppliers. Once again, let me stress the importance of understanding (no I should say knowledge of) the R&M Guideline book. This is the bulk of the TE Supplement, if you have accomplished ISO registration, the implementation of the R&M practices will get you very very close to TE compliance. Wish I could tell you more.

D

Dan Indish

Chrysler has required TE registration by July 2000 with updates of status to be submitted on:
27 Feb. 98, 31 July 98 and 30 July 99 per letter from TT Stallkamp and FJ Ewasyshyn dated 19 Dec. 1997.

Ford and GM have stated that third-party registration requirements do not apply per Ford & GM-specific requirements stated in Tooling & Equipment Supplement, 2nd Edition dated June 1998.

Ford is pushing Q1 registration for TE Suppliers (including all TE R&M requirements) to be accomplished by December 1998. This has been a big item on the two TE Supplier Council meetings for 1998.

R

Roger Eastin

I just heard from a guy who used to work for us that went to work for a registrar. He told me that he was going to get TE "certified" so that he could do some TE audits. He stated that a client of his was given a mandate by Chrysler and Ford to comply with TE by the end of 1998. I wonder how many individual mandates have been given by C & F?

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Surely no one here would imply Ford, Chrysler or GM are flakey, don't know what they want, can't do what they ask of your company or anything like that!

Top Bottom