Reviews of QSI, Consensia, and IQS quality assurance (QA) software

M

Margie Trueland

We are currently evaluating several software packages. I would like to know if anyone is currently using QSI, Consensia, or IQS. If so, could you share any positive or negative experiences? :thanx:

C

Craig H.

I/we are using QSi, having gone from a paper/Word/Excel based system about a year and a half ago.

If you want something simple, stay away. If you want something you can use to manage the whole QMS, and do some nice CAR tracking, complaint tracking, document control, and lots of other stuff, with excellent support, give QSi a good look. Be prepared to spend some time/money on training, because the utility comes with the price of learning how to use it. I just walked out of a Management Review meeting (10 minutes ago) and took only a legal pad, a pen, and a copy of 9001. Made a few notes with the pen. All I needed to run the meeting was a laptop, projector, and a LAN hookup.
Sweet.

If you have specific questions, send me a PM.

M

Margie Trueland

Thanks and questions...

Thanks for your comments. I really appreciate it. Do you have someone who manages the data entry into QSi? Can you estimate how much time it takes to manage? Thanks again, Margie

C

Craig H.

Margie Trueland said:
Thanks for your comments. I really appreciate it. Do you have someone who manages the data entry into QSi? Can you estimate how much time it takes to manage? Thanks again, Margie

That would be me, right now. As we continue using the system, I will be encouraging (not quite with a 2x4, but close) managers to finally take more ownership of their procedures. As far as how much time it takes, well...

Lets put it this way: Once the system is set up and running I would say that to do the same amount I was doing before takes about 25% of the time (remember we were a "modified paper" system for many documents). The trick is that I don't work quite as hard, but am MUCH MORE EFFECTIVE!!!!

Anyone wanting to do ISO 9001 just for the paper cert. would be wasting their time and money, though, IMO.

A

axleman1 - 2011

Re: Seeking reviews of QSI, Consensia, and IQS quality assurance (QA) software

What software package did you end up going with?

AndyN

Moved On

I have experience with both QSI and IQS. IMHO, they are only good for two things - document control and corrective action tracking/escalation. QSI is very good at the latter. I haven't seen Consensia.

The principle here is that unless you have a good system, installing and expecting a software package to make implementation 'better' is futile.

In particular, I've not seen any of these solutions which gives a good platform for managing/performing internal audits. The auditor spends too much time filling out forms/fields in databases and then not doing the audit.

I'll take a look at the Consensia sometime.

A

axleman1 - 2011

What do you think of IQS?

AndyN

Moved On

What do you think of IQS?

I looked at the IQS product, again, this year at the Autotech show, here in Detroit. I was disappointed to find that the auditing database is no further on in its development as an effective tool, than when I first reviewed it, more than 10 years ago. The dichotomy seems to be that the people who write the software don't have auditing experience, and the auditors don't really need a software solution........

A

axleman1 - 2011

I actually do not have anything good to say about IQS.

However, if you are interested in a system that is extremely flexible and configurable as well as user-friendly, I would suggest that you look at "Aras Innovator" at www.aras.com.
The software is even more attractive because of it's price. It is FREE! The company recently changed their business model to the the Open Source model. They now make their money off of training and support.

MY IT department and I are currently going through the demo and research stage with Aras.

I have a lot of user and implementation experience with different software systems. In my opinion, the biggest long-term problems with Quality and Management System software solutions are due to lack of quick and inexpensive configurability and lack of user-friendliness. Hopefully, Aras does well in both of these areas.

C

Craig H.

I looked at the IQS product, again, this year at the Autotech show, here in Detroit. I was disappointed to find that the auditing database is no further on in its development as an effective tool, than when I first reviewed it, more than 10 years ago. The dichotomy seems to be that the people who write the software don't have auditing experience, and the auditors don't really need a software solution........

Andy,

Your analysis (dichotomy) is spot on.

I do not use the audit development tool in QSi. In fact pretty much all I use the audit section for is to cut and paste my audit report into from Word. The main reason I do this is so that all of my "stuff" is in a nice looking file cabinet in our AS/400, which is routinely BACKED UP (big, big deal with me because at one time it was not).

Top Bottom