SCAR (Supplier Corrective Action Request) Major and Minor Classification

K

KELVIN

Hi All,

Need your valuable input as follow.

1) How to define/elaborate for Minor , Major SCAR ? What is the differences?
2) What is the criteria to issue minor or major SCAR?
3) Why not to maintain one standard of SCAR criteria regardless whether minor or major SCAR issue?

:thanx:
Kelvin

D

Dean Frederickson

Re: SCAR Classification

Kelvin I only use 1 S.C.A.R. I have never heard of using minor / major S.C.A.R.s. I would only use 1 unless you have proceedures or process' that call out for a minor or major S.C.A.R.;)

W

world quality

Re: SCAR Classification

Kevin,

There is only one S,C.A.R. process unless you adopt the pps system which is more detailed for this purpose.

What do you deem as a minor or major and sometimes you may need a corrective action but issuing a SCAR is not required.

Look at the cove supplier corrective action for samples and posting of SCAR's.

1. do you have listed a admin cost for Issuing a Scar.
the amount of rejects and cost of material or parts and shipping costs.

R

Roland Cooke

I think these can be defined, for supplier audits.

Major - issues that you consider so serious that you require them to be resolved before your next delivery (or equivalent)

Minor - issues that you require to be resolved by a set date (failure can lead to escalation)

Of course, issues that are considered Major by you, might not (initially) be seen as Major by the supplier. This needs discussion.
(In a similar vein, always be careful when writing any CARs, your suppliers can often be frightened to speak up, which can cause unintended damage to the relationship).

K

KELVIN

Thanks for everyone feedback.:thanx:

I fully agreed to have only ONE standard of SCAR issuing regardless it's classification of minor, major or even critical.However ,our Global Quality Group had already dertermine new SCAR classification of minor , major & critical.Hence,I need to ensure that this is not a common standard & compulsary to have a SCAR classification before con-call.

Below is my current practices & outline in procedure..
Scar issue for a serious reason and impact: E.g.
1)As a result of a customer complaint
2)As a result of a functional failure & a purge or a Finished Good product hold.
3)As a result of a line down impact
4)As a result of an issue re-occurring again after previous CAPA have been closed.

Thank you,
Kelvin

Top Bottom