Seeking: Generic Servicing Procedure

G

Graeme

I don't have any specific suggestions for a generic procedure, but I know you must clearly define one important thing --

At what point is the product "released" or "delivered" to the customer?

If every unit needs the attention of a field service technician before it is usable, then it would be reasonable to say that the unit is released only after that work is completed and documented. If this work is optional, then it becomes more fuzzy. Ref: 7.5.1(d) of the new standard.

E

energy

Graeme,
You're correct in reading between the lines. Not all our jobs require the Service option. We still need a procedure for when we do. There are a couple of generic ones floating around, like, Clements' Quality Manager's Complete Guide to ISO 9000. As a last resort, it will do. Personally, I get more use out of this site than the publication. Proven, common sense, well written "operational" procedures that have been tested in the real world is what I'm after. Thanks for the input.

energy

E

energy

Servicing Procedure

Howdy Y'all,

We are looking for a generic servicing procedure. The type of servicing is one where we ship assembled units to a site and send a Field Service technician there later to do installation and check out, that may include validation as well. I just need a starting point. Any ideas? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,

energy

Top Bottom