Service or Production? Water treatment, monitoring, and testing

E

EJE0622

My company (currently a service company) is placing a bid for some new business. In the request for proposal it states that the winning bidder must perform water treatment, monitoring, and testing. If we win this contract, does this change the scope of my quality system? OR, can it remain the same and provide provisions for KPI's for water testing...

Colin

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: Service or Production?

It depends, what does your current scope statement say?

E

EJE0622

Here is our scope statement...sorry for the large font.

"Company name" is a provider of staffing solutions for both public and private sector organizations.

Colin

Quite Involved in Discussions

Mmm, sounds like the potential new work is outside of your existing scope. It doesn't of course stop you doing the work, just that it will not be formally addressed by your QMS. You could of course control these processes in an appropriate manner (e.g. procedures) and ask your CB/Registrar to conduct a 'scope extension' either at your next planned visit or as a special visit.

E

EJE0622

Thanks! I thought it might but I wanted someone else to confirm.

Thanks for your help!!

J

Joe Cruse

I agree with Colpart; if you take this job on, you're no longer providing just the staffing service, you are providing a water treatment/monitoring service, with its own set of processes (some of which may be similar to your current staff service processes and you could incorporate together). No reason your QMS and cert scope can't include both.

J

JaneB

It is very definitely not covered within your current scope.

Choice =
  • Do it, but make sure your client is aware that it is not covered by your current certified scope (to claim it is or even imply it would be misleading, and outside the terms of your certification agreement with your certifier; watch out for enthusiastic or misguided sales/marketing people!)
  • Widen your scope to cover.

Top Bottom