Shall the first Internal Audit cover all the processes of the company?

D

Dubai_capi

hi,

for the first internal audit of iso:9001:2008 shall it cover all the processes of the company.. since am performing the audit by myself..and i need some time to cover all of them..

can i go for certification if i only cover say 85%..

thanks

somashekar

Leader
Admin
An internal audit program is planned taking into consideration the status and importance of the process and area as well as results of previous audit.
In your case is there any previous audit ?

D

Dubai_capi

no this is the first internal audit.. and yes i wud consider the core processes and most important ones when its going to be initiated.. but my question is: shall it cover all the processes of the company for the pre-registration? and also the scope of the QMS cover all the company processes regardless the processes being core or supoorting processes..

so does the external auditor require that we perform all the processes audit included in the scope؟

somashekar

Leader
Admin
shall it cover all the processes of the company for the pre-registration?
I will not say shall, cause this is not so said in the standard.
However being a start-up and the first internal assessment, expectation is that you have measured and analyzed all your established processes if it conforms to plan (+ meets the ISO9001 standards requirement) and is implemented and maintained. Also of requirement to you will be to see how your processes are interacting and being effective to meet the company goals and targets. Please do not think and act on the lines of external auditor requirement.
and also the scope of the QMS cover all the company processes regardless the processes being core or supoorting processes..
A BIG YES YES YES

If I were you, I would begin with all and then assess which process / area I can change the frequency

Last edited:

AndyN

Moved On
hi,

for the first internal audit of iso:9001:2008 shall it cover all the processes of the company.. since am performing the audit by myself..and i need some time to cover all of them..

can i go for certification if i only cover say 85%..

thanks

Yes, but you will receive a "concern" at the stage 1 for two reasons...

Randy

Super Moderator
Nooooooooooooooo

You have to have conducted a complete "System" audit, not a "Company" audit, 2 entirely different animals

Either that or I just did a very bad thing an recommended registration for a companies management "System"

J

JRKH

no this is the first internal audit.. and yes i wud consider the core processes and most important ones when its going to be initiated.. but my question is: shall it cover all the processes of the company for the pre-registration? and also the scope of the QMS cover all the company processes regardless the processes being core or supoorting processes..
Help me understand here....Are you trying to get an audit together in preparation for your registrar doing a "pre-registration" audit?

so does the external auditor require that we perform all the processes audit included in the scope؟
An initial registration audit is going to cover everything so it is to your benefit to have already covered as many areas as possible. However if you cannot cover all areas then at least have done a systems audit and:
1) Have an audit schedule / plan to get the more detailed work done and
2) Have any actionable from the audits you HAVE done documented and at least in the process of being addressed.

Just my 2 cents.....

James

savantrep

Registered
The answer is no. Even when a registrar performs an audit, they are taking a "snapshot" and not a view of the entire system. Audit your major processes and you will be fine. You will want to try to cover all of your major processes over your subsequent audits. However, it is not required to audit everything all at once.

Top Bottom