Student requests help on Lean Manufacturing - Masters in industrial engineering

S

sudarsan

i am sudarsan doing my masters in industrial engineering in tx usa. i am interested in learning lean manufacturing . can anyone suggest me some case studies on lean which i can study and learn the lean importance.

thanks

M

mtncrawler

Re: need help

How about starting with a book?

May I suggest "Lean Thinking" by Womack/Jones. There are a myriad of other books on Lean out there, but this one may be good to start with. It includes discussion on case studies..

W

wmarhel

Check out Lean.org. Plenty of information from case studies to articles to presentations. Best of all, it is free.

Wayne

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Welcome to the Cove!:bigwave:
Since you are a student, I'd like to pass on a BIG tip in using Discussion Forums.
Title your initial post with something descriptive that will catch the eye of browsers who have some knowledge of your topic. In addition, search engines will enable folks to find your thread more easily if there are some key words in the title.
Your initial title "Need Help" was absolutely non-descriptive of your topic and may turn a lot of readers off who will pass it by because they want to spend their time on topics that appeal to them. I changed the title to something more descriptive.

The point is, your title is your advertisment and helps convey the image you want to project. Would you apply for a job with the heading "Need Help"? Is that what you intend to title any paper you write about Lean?

Another thing that will help attract serious respondents who are willing to give time and effort is if you show courtesy by editing each post you write to use good grammar and spelling to demonstrate you are a serious student, worthy of help.

That said:
Have you used the search function here in the Cove to find threads already posted about your topic? Experts like to help folks who make an effort to help themselves versus giving charity to folks who say, in effect, "I'm too lazy to do any work myself, so you do it for me."

The software we use here in the Cove will pick out key words used in posts in this thread and will suggest one or more similar threads about your topic and post them in a table at the bottom of this thread.

A number of our regular Cove visitors are, indeed, expert in the topic of Lean. Only time will tell if you have attracted their interest enough for them to consider responding to your query.

Wes Bucey, Forum Moderator.

F

Fatboy

Sounds like you go to Lamar University as I did. Good luck to you. I too am new to lean and look forward to replies from the experts on this forum.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
Randy said:
Wes, you are bad
I go out of my way to help sincere people who need help. A look through any random selection of ten or one hundred of my posts will confirm that. I have too few years left to give any time to insincere or lazy folks.

S

sudarsan

hi Wes .i can understand wat u try to advice me . Also i am just 22 yr old , i need to learn more through ppl like you who has much knowledge and experience in industries. you are welcome to comment and pin point my mistakes .

Also then are there only few ppl who are sincere and dedicated in this world . we cannot change them , only they have to change by themselves.

one thing i have to tell that i have come from Asian country(India) to study here in USA . I have come long way from my country , leaving my parents there. Hope you ppl will understand my dedication and determination which i have got.

hi Fatboy did u studied in lamar ?. gud i have a patner here.

ya i started studying " LEAN THINKING " . Hope you all can help me if i have doubt.

thanks for your replies

sudarsan

Top Bottom