Supplier PPAP questions for CPK

D

donaokka

Dear All:
Now i met some questions when i audit our supplier. after PPAP, when we found some deviation(as like dim), we ask supplier to remake CPK to confirnm the process is stable or not?
And also we will ask to check the similar structure to check it.

But now, supplier gave the feedback to me: they cannt have too much time and manpower to do. becasue we have 2000items in supplier side. more than 70% itmes have open PO.

After discussed with supplier side, we only have basic agreement: supplier should have plan to monitoring process, but they only select a few of itmes that they have representative structure OR issue to be done.

So, i donnt know how to do when you meet same question, could you share your idea to me?

Thanks you at frist.

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few
Dear All:
Now i met some questions when i audit our supplier. after PPAP, when we found some deviation(as like dim), we ask supplier to remake CPK to confirnm the process is stable or not?
And also we will ask to check the similar structure to check it.

But now, supplier gave the feedback to me: they cannt have too much time and manpower to do. becasue we have 2000items in supplier side. more than 70% itmes have open PO.

After discussed with supplier side, we only have basic agreement: supplier should have plan to monitoring process, but they only select a few of itmes that they have representative structure OR issue to be done.

So, i donnt know how to do when you meet same question, could you share your idea to me?

Thanks you at frist.

Your supplier has a resource problem. They cannot handle the work.

Your company has overloaded the supplier.

Short term solution: 100% inspection for selected characteristics, until Cpk information can be determined and analyzed.

D

donaokka

Dear veggie:
Thansk for your replying.
But the manpower is limited, but for custoemr( my means is not only for one customer for supplier), if this customer need supplier to run CPk for their parts, all of customer need to do, supplier how to do ?

a-promise every customer to run every part's cpk?
b-find the similar process and similar structure parts to run CPK. but will not do for all of parts.
c-After PPAP, only do for complained OR found deviation. if no happen, will not do.

So, could you share your similar experience with me? when your supplier OR your work happen similar issues, how to do by you OR your company OR your supplier?
Thanks.
c-

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Trusted Information Resource
Dear veggie:
Thansk for your replying.
But the manpower is limited, but for custoemr( my means is not only for one customer for supplier), if this customer need supplier to run CPk for their parts, all of customer need to do, supplier how to do ?

a-promise every customer to run every part's cpk?
b-find the similar process and similar structure parts to run CPK. but will not do for all of parts.
c-After PPAP, only do for complained OR found deviation. if no happen, will not do.

So, could you share your similar experience with me? when your supplier OR your work happen similar issues, how to do by you OR your company OR your supplier?
Thanks.
c-

You need to focus on the items and characteristics that are the problem. Otherwise both you and the supplier are going to be buried in data with little value to the decision making process. Not only that, are you even sure Cpk is applicable to the characteristics in question? If it isn't, you may be asking them to do something worng - and waste everybody's time. Cpk is not the universal tool that you can rubber stamp to every situation....yet people do...

D

donaokka

yes, your words is right, the CPK is not
universal tool.

After discussed with supplier, i asked them to make plan that should contain all of complained dim in last year to make CPK.

Till now, i and our team this is good action.

But i am not sure what's good suggestion that is from others?

Thanks.

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Trusted Information Resource
One other point I missed:

Now i met some questions when i audit our supplier. after PPAP, when we found some deviation(as like dim), we ask supplier to remake CPK to confirm the process is stable or not?

The last thing on the face of the earth that measures stability is Cpk. It is the smallest of snapshots of a process with virtually no detail to support that singular piece of data. Correctly implemented control charting gives the view of stability.

Top Bottom