Supplier related drawings and verification of process requirements - Source Inspection

Rojoma76

Registered
Good morning. I have a key supplier for multiple buy items. The supplier says they cannot provide drawings because some are NRE or they are contractually bound from another customer so that they cannot release them to us. Are they in violation of an AS9100 standard? The items will be source inspected where apparently SQA will be allowed to review the drawings there. However one item is a specific CLIN deliverable for government source inspection at our facility. How can I sell off an item without a drawing for them to review? Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Are they in violation of an AS9100 standard?
Nope. They could be in violation of a contractual requirement IF your organization had contractually required them to provide the drawings, but, apparently, you did not. Your organization did not do a very good job at complying with AS9100D 8.4.3a)

However one item is a specific CLIN deliverable for government source inspection at our facility. How can I sell off an item without a drawing for them to review?
Easy: have the government source inspector performing the inspection at the supplier's facility. Apparently they don't object to outside inspectors having access to the drawings, as long as the inspection is done at their premises and they maintain control over the drawings.

Rojoma76

Registered
Thanks but the government said they cannot support that request.

A contract/subcontract SOW is in the process of being generated with drawing requirements. They are taking exception to this.

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
Don't you have the government's documentation that they can do a source inspection from?

Top Bottom